+ Reply to Thread

Lock up - can't hard reset

Phone was working fine this morning. Had a lockup opening PIE. Soft reset would not fix - it would hang at the "VerizonWireless" screen after the MITS screen. After several attempted soft resets with the same results, I tried a hard reset. It seemed to work most of the way, but was giving me an error during and after the screen alignment setup that said Voice Command error - restart voice command.

I decided to hard reset again and it now freezes at the white VerizonWireless screen after the animated checkmark V. It goes through the MITS screen with the "clearing data . . ." box, the first Verizon Wireless screen, the animated checkmark, then won't go past that still screen with the white background that says VerizonWireless. A soft reset at this point sends it back to the clearing data screen and eventually freezes at the same place. I've removed the battery and tried hard resetting numerous times. Any ideas? Did the ROM get corrupted somehow? Only step left I know is to go to the VZW store now. Thanks,

I would just take it back

Yeah, you have a broken phone. Get it replaced.

Richard

Thanks. Taking it back this afternoon. Don't know what could have happened after 7-8 months to cause this.

I just recently had a similar experience with my i760. I was also getting the Voice Command error after a reset. I went to a store and was told all they could do is call Tech Support. They could not give out replacement phones there. I told them to just give me the phone number and I would call them. After talking with a couple of very cool techs, they sent me a replacement phone via FedEx. Although the replacement was a refurbished unit, it has actually performed better than the original (new) phone. Good Luck!

Phil

They're sending me a refurb. tomorrow. Thanks for the responses.