+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Palm Threaded MMS has been fixed

So, we can send messages of any size not getting that ridiculous low memory warning. Only problem is, I cannot find the right server info that we need to enter in on the advanced options.

My google-fu is weak and was hoping that someone may be able to help out.

Threaded MMS? Is this necessary? Do you mean Threaded SMS? If so the whole problem with Threaded SMS has been resolved. It works perfectly and we are able to receive MMS. There is a thread called "Threaded SMS" that I started that has a LOT of responses.

Although, if you need help, feel free to reply here or PM me.
    Otherwise, if you're really talking about a Threaded SMS, damn you do a lot of MMS'ing.

Palm threaded SMS with the media (MMS) in the Palm application instead of on the phone's application is what I am talking about.

I just hard reset my phone and wanted to use that Palm SMS Threading for SMS and MMS.

zfly99 the Threaded SMS issue has been resolved? where have I been? We can get more than 160 messages now???

I have got the message to start sending but the server info is wrong, after this, we will be all set...

I think he's talking about sending MMS through the palm messaging app instead of the default mms

yes, that's exactly what I am talking about.

My communication skills are crap since the stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
    yes, that's exactly what I am talking about.

My communication skills are crap since the stroke.
    No worries, I understood you just fine, not sure where the miscommunication came from, really.

But, now that subject is cleared up and clarified, the real question is, HOW TO FIX MMS MESSAGING in the Palm threaded app??

Last I had seen discussed here, we had the Palm Threaded SMS to where we could use it to send text messages just fine, and had a working set of registry hacks that allowed us to continue sending picture messages through the stock built in MMS app. But, no one had figured out how to get the MMS messaging working through the Palm app, and any attempts resulted in "out of memory" errors.

So the real question is, how do we all get it to where we can send picture messages through the Palm app? Is it another cab file that has been 'fixed' that we need to download? Is it another registry hack? Or is it some setting that needs to be changed in the Palm app itself? I'd really like to know how to do this.

Why do you need Threaded SMS. The whole idea seems rather... ridiculous to me.

From what I understand, it makes text messages like IM windows. Why bother?

Because when you had the palm threaded messaging you couldn't receive MMS or send. Atleast not according to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
    No worries, I understood you just fine, not sure where the miscommunication came from, really.

But, now that subject is cleared up and clarified, the real question is, HOW TO FIX MMS MESSAGING in the Palm threaded app??

Last I had seen discussed here, we had the Palm Threaded SMS to where we could use it to send text messages just fine, and had a working set of registry hacks that allowed us to continue sending picture messages through the stock built in MMS app. But, no one had figured out how to get the MMS messaging working through the Palm app, and any attempts resulted in "out of memory" errors.

So the real question is, how do we all get it to where we can send picture messages through the Palm app? Is it another cab file that has been 'fixed' that we need to download? Is it another registry hack? Or is it some setting that needs to be changed in the Palm app itself? I'd really like to know how to do this.
    I have the fixed Palm SMS app if you need it. Now all we need is the "advanced" settings for verizon. in the application itself.

Just so I make sure that I entirely answered your question, you need the newest version that I found PLUS some settings.

yeah I'd like the cab if possble. I know what settings you're talking about, the server settings. No one seemed to know what it should be set to on the other thread.

PM me your email.

Can you post a link to the actual download?

No. Sorry.

abuttino Could you please PM me with it then?
    I gretly appreciate it

pm me a copy please?

you cannot PM with a file, you have to PM me your email.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherBoo View Post
    Why do you need Threaded SMS. The whole idea seems rather... ridiculous to me.

From what I understand, it makes text messages like IM windows. Why bother?
    Because it puts all your txts in chat form. So if you're talking to numerous people, you can see what the last few lines of conversation was. Or if someone txts you back late, you can easily see what they what they were responding to.

It is WAAY easier, thats why iPhone has it and new Windows Mobile has it.

Here is the download link: https://home.comcast.net/~codyppc/WM6_threaded.zip

If that doesn't work, its on this thread, created by the creator:
    Thread sms- 1 step cab install - 2 awesome versions - WM Experts

Also, here are the directions specifically for the i760 to have SMS working flawlessly and have MMS working as well, although through the default application, not some Threaded MMS (which I find unnecessary):
    Threaded SMS for i760??

Make sure you download "Resco File Explorer" & "Resco Registry"
    Sometimes different registry programs are different and will be confusing.

Well, abuttino is right. The Palm Threaded app has been fixed so that now you can use the MMS features built into it, instead of the stock MMS app. It no longer gives "out of memory" errors.

However, since no one on the ENTIRE INTERNET seems to know the necessary server settings for Verizon, it is still unusable by us.

Also, I don't think it "threads" the pictue messages at all, it handles pix messaging in a very similar fashion to the stock app, just with a slightly nicer UI, and of course, the benefit of rolling SMS and MMS into one application (if it worked).

In the end though theresnot a TON of reason to do this new version vs. the old way with Cody's cab and the re hacks to keep the stock MMS working.