+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-17-2006
    Posts
    52

    ActiveSync 4.5 with XP SP3 issues?

    My desktop died and I got a new Dell Precision T3400 with XP Pro SP3 installed via Windows Update. I can basically connect the phone and get AS to recognize it ONCE after the machine is rebooted. The connection is dropped after 2-3 minutes and from that point on, I can no longer connect to the phone unless I reboot.

    I spoke to VZ support, ran out of options. They transferred me to Sumsung level 2 and the support rep said flat out that ActiveSync 4.5 will not work with XP SP3. Anyone else have this problem?

    My Samsung reference number is 111755555 in case anyone else want to join in.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-14-2006
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by meatster View Post
    My desktop died and I got a new Dell Precision T3400 with XP Pro SP3 installed via Windows Update. I can basically connect the phone and get AS to recognize it ONCE after the machine is rebooted. The connection is dropped after 2-3 minutes and from that point on, I can no longer connect to the phone unless I reboot.

    I spoke to VZ support, ran out of options. They transferred me to Sumsung level 2 and the support rep said flat out that ActiveSync 4.5 will not work with XP SP3. Anyone else have this problem?

    My Samsung reference number is 111755555 in case anyone else want to join in.

    that's BS; works fine on my end as far as I am aware & I'm running Pro SP3.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-17-2006
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    that's BS; works fine on my end as far as I am aware & I'm running Pro SP3.
    Did you install SP3 after you already had the phone syncing correctly with SP2? I go the new PC a few days ago, installed all windows updates including SP3, installed AS 4.5 and it wont work.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-09-2008
    Posts
    78
    I had SP2 installed when I downloaded Active Sync and connected my phone. Later I downloaded SP3. Everything still works fine. The only problem I have is if I manually stop ActiveSync on my phone while connected to the pc. After that it will not connect unless restart my phone and PC. Perhaps Activesync on your phone is timing out. I don't know if there is a way to configure that or not. Otherwise I have no problem with SP3 if I do not manually stop Activesync on my phone.
    Last edited by wxman2003; 06-28-2008 at 10:24 PM.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-14-2006
    Posts
    12
    I've now done it both way's;

    1) XP Pro and Home SP2 install followed by AS 4.5, then added in SP3.

    2) XP Pro SP3 then installed AS 4.5

    Works fine for me either way.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-14-2006
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by meatster View Post
    Did you install SP3 after you already had the phone syncing correctly with SP2? I go the new PC a few days ago, installed all windows updates including SP3, installed AS 4.5 and it wont work.
    Let me guess.................Vista OS?

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-17-2006
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Let me guess.................Vista OS?
    No. XP Pro. Brand new Dell Precission T3400...

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-14-2006
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by meatster View Post
    No. XP Pro. Brand new Dell Precission T3400...

    Hmmm, weird.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-10-2006
    Posts
    40
    I have same problem. Connets once after reboot, then disconnects and will no longer connect. Running XP/SP2.... I'm stomped...

  10. #10
    Registered User paperbag1's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-23-2008
    Posts
    17
    I use XP Pro SP3 and AS 4.5 on 2 seperate PCs and both work correctly. Maybe your antivirus software is causing the issues?????
    Thanks,
    Phil

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-17-2006
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by paperbag1 View Post
    I use XP Pro SP3 and AS 4.5 on 2 seperate PCs and both work correctly. Maybe your antivirus software is causing the issues?????
    I've actually tried it after uninstalling my antivirus program and disabling the windows firewall and still no luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts