+ Reply to Thread

Realistic talk time/battery life of i760?

Does anyone know a realistic talk time/battery life for the I-760 with the extended battery and slim? This is for phoe alarm. I do like it tells the estimated talk time/standby time left but I have not found an accurate estimate. I do notice the i-760 has much greater battery life than the i-730 when it comes to just being an always on internet device connected to an exchange sevrer. However, the battery life seems to get eaten up faster than expected when talking.

Has anyone figured out how much talk time and standby time you can get out of our i760?

Dean

dean, I have talked over 2 hours on my extended battery and had over 1/4 left. The phone was getting real warm though.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    dean, I have talked over 2 hours on my extended battery and had over 1/4 left. The phone was getting real warm though.

I probably average two hours of talk time on an average day. I would say if I started the day with two hours, it would be at about 65% but as the day goes on with constant internet connections and bluetooth while in the car, the battery gets used up quicker.

I put in 48 hours standby and 5 hour talktime but it is off. I dont think I could talk for 5 hours on a single charge and I know I couldnt talk and run off battery for the rest of the day in and out of EVDO coverage.

I probably will just keep playing wiht the numbers until I figure out what is right for me.

I just want the numbers in phone alarm to have SOME meaning!

Dean

Once I realized how small the extended battery is, I never put the standard one back in, so this pertains to the extended, not the standard.

I just used the phone for a day and ate up the battery at night talking with my girlfriend. As the battery bar was on it's last limb, I went through my call log and calculated all the talk times. It came to just under 4 hours (about 3:45 - 3:50). I'm sure I could have gotten an extra 10-15 minutes out of it if I wanted.

That's talk time alone, no internet (or very little, don't remember), no WiFi connectivity.

You might want to check out this other thread on 'Typical battery life'

Typical battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    You might want to check out this other thread on 'Typical battery life'

Typical battery life?
    I read throught the link and I guess what I gathered is YOUR BATTERY LIFE MAY VARY,

I think the follwoing factors make it diferent for everyone:

1. How old the battery is (Holds less charge)
    2. How much you use Bluethooth
    3. What programs are installed (If it uses more memory and program resources it will drain the battery)
    4. EVDO or 1x coverage
    5. If you are connected to an exchange server constatly or poll for POP email every xx minutes

There are other factors. I set mine to 3 hours of talk time and 16 hours of standby. It seems to pretty close. I am measuring the time until i get the battery low warning. The phone may last longer but I put in the 2nd battery or charge once it gets to less than 20%

Dean