+ Reply to Thread

Does this phone require maintenance?

im wondering because i notice more and more over time that response is getting slower and slower. buttons arent working as quick as they used to, touch screen is getting slower, and the text messaging isnt keeping up and its missing letters sometimes. Is this normal? is this not normal and should i look into replacement under warranty? or is there a way to "clean up" the phone say like a computer to make it run alittle more smoothly?

Thanks.

It requires maintenance the same as any computer. If you have a lot of items installed and running at the same time then it will slow down.

Richard

(cough)soft reset(cough)

I have a program that does a soft reset on my i760 every morning at 04:30. It is running a Microsoft OS after all.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwheezy75 View Post
    im wondering because i notice more and more over time that response is getting slower and slower. buttons arent working as quick as they used to, touch screen is getting slower, and the text messaging isnt keeping up and its missing letters sometimes. Is this normal? is this not normal and should i look into replacement under warranty? or is there a way to "clean up" the phone say like a computer to make it run alittle more smoothly?

Thanks.
    You want to clean up memory and internet temp files and cookies on a regular basis. There are several free programs that will hunt these down and delete them for you. Also several $$ suites and apps that include this. I think Pocket Mechanic, Memaid, even Battery Pack Pro has a clean-up funtion in it. Or you can do it manually in PIE and in settings on the phone.

noseph, Yeppers it's M$ Plaug and Pray, PIP! That is why I like Linux
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Oh Android, come quickly, and save us from the likes of proprietary phone OSs that crash on a dime and age like organic milk...

i soft reset every day i was just curious if there was mroe to do il try clearing the cache in IE

savedR, it's on the way and I drink Soymilk, PIP!
    I have the Android SDK to mess with on my Linux rig.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

is it normal that i only have 7 almost 8 mb free space on the phone.. not the storage card? it says im using 56 of 64. i only have agenda one and a calculator skin.

Do a search for large files. You might also have a huge amount of small temp files somewhere as well. Using a 3rd party product, as was mentioned, will help you. I like MemMaid personally.

Richard