+ Reply to Thread

No longer allowed to sync i760 at work...now what?

We used to be able to sync any phone at work with our office PC's. New managment in IT has changed that to only the Blackberry's.

Is there a way to link my Outlook calendar with my Yahoo calendar and view my Yahoo calendar on my i760 other then logging into yahoo via the net?

I'm just trying not to re-enter the same data manually onto my phone. Any work arounds would be appreciated!
    My back is against the drivers seat!

Quote Originally Posted by orioleinct View Post
    We used to be able to sync any phone at work with our office PC's. New managment in IT has changed that to only the Blackberry's.

Is there a way to link my Outlook calendar with my Yahoo calendar and view my Yahoo calendar on my i760 other then logging into yahoo via the net?

I'm just trying not to re-enter the same data manually onto my phone. Any work arounds would be appreciated!
    There is software out there which will sync your calendar with google and then your phone could sync with the google calendar...but to yahoo I don't know of any.

Intellisync for Yahoo works for me quite well. I downloaded it from Yahoo. It syncs outlook on my PC and then I can use either Activesync or Wireless Sync. I use Agenda Fusion on my 760 to view my calendar and set up appointments. Can even involve contacts in projects using Agenda Fusion. As I said, this works well for me but it does involve the PC as the go-between.

Get yourself a $10 a month Exchange account and forward your yahoo to it. You can then also sync your PC to the Exchange account.

The real plus is that you will then have true push mail.

Oh, and make sure it is Exchange 2007 because 2000 and 2003 do NOT support html emails.

Richard

I want a Touch Pro 2!

Smile

Google up Seven Beta. They cut us off at work as well for Wireless Synch so a few of us put the Workgroup Edition out on a spare server and it works like a charm. Even now get access to GAL which we couldn't get before.

Oh, it also lets you add Pop mail, google, and gmail if I recall. I have my comcast account synching to my phone through the same Seven Beta Workgroup I am using at work.
    Last edited by awfraser; 07-04-2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: added info

Would you mind explaining what Seven Beta is and how it works. Their website is surprisingly sparse on this information.

- Is the consumer version merely just another desktop connector?

- Does it require Exchange for the Workgroup and Enterprise versions or does it act "like" Exchange? If it requires Exchange then what is the point?

Thanks for any info.

Richard

Have you asked your IT department if their new policy means that they are paying for another phone for your business use?
    Last edited by Bugwart; 07-07-2008 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramiss View Post
    Oh, and make sure it is Exchange 2007 because 2000 and 2003 do NOT support html emails.

Richard
    FYI Exchange 2003 does HTML just fine. Not sure where you heard that it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugwart View Post
    Have you asked your IT department if their new policy means that they are paying for another phone for your business use?
    We had some cut backs and now only a select few get blackberry's for direct & wireless sync. I still get to expense my data package but only until the end of the year, then I'm on my own.
    My back is against the drivers seat!

We had some cut backs and now only a select few get blackberry's for direct & wireless sync. I still get to expense my data package but only until the end of the year, then I'm on my own.
    Well that doesn't make any sense... it doesn't cost anybody anything to sync your phone to your PC... I can see that perhaps wireless syncin (Exchange ActiveSync) could be a support issue. You only need to load Activesync on the PC and have a uSB cable. And If your IT department will let you load the software to sync your Outlook with Yahoo/google... what about vzw wireless sync?
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by jutley View Post
    FYI Exchange 2003 does HTML just fine. Not sure where you heard that it didn't.
    What ramiss meant is that Exchange 2003 will not sync HTML formatted e-mails to a WM device. Specifically, when Exchange 2003 sends an e-mail to a WM device, the WM devices receives the e-mail as plain text even if the e-mail was formatted using HTML. Likewise, if you compose an HTML formatted e-mail on your i760 and then send it using an Exchange 2003 server, the recipient will receive the e-mail formatted in plain text, not HTML. The issue is limited to WM devices, not Outlook or other PC-based clients. Thus, if you want to be able to use WM 6.1's ability to send/receive HTML-formatted e-mails, you need an Exchange 2007 server.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Your phone has wireless sync in the program folder.

Or talk to your IT dept and tell them that the company paid for this phone and you need to get your email because it's part of your job to keep you customer informed.
    Last edited by abuttino; 07-13-2008 at 11:54 AM.