+ Reply to Thread

sad 2 say I'm done :(

OK I loved the phone but yesterday while out at lunch I go to make a call and see a black mark in the screen the size of a big pea, it wasn't there the night before and I didn't drop it or anything so I go right 2 verizon and of course there is nothing they can do but replace it and within a month and a half that would have been the 3rd time so I finally said I had enough, I just didn't have it in me to change alllll the names from last to first from scratch and reinstall all my stuff like I like it just to keep doing it. So I got the LG dare I know it isn't a PDA but I'm able to see youtube (not as crystal clear)on it and get my MSN email all w/out adding programs.. I will miss my sirus radio and my large pictures coming up when someone calls oh and I soooo mis spell check in my texts but I won't mis the soft boots and the freazing up and to be honest the heft of the phone... So I wish all of u good luck w/ 6.1 if it ever comes out..

PS
    if anyone wants to make me an offer before I put it on ebay I am going to sell as a package all my stuff... extra styles, brand new reg. battery extended battery, leather case, sync cable, car charger, desktop charger, 2 or 3 wall plug's, screan protectors. I am pretty sure that's it but I want to get rid of it all in one shot so if anyone wants to make a fare offer reply or IM me....

I have a friend that may want to purchase it all... How about $200?

Post it on the "Garage Sale" forum.
    Garage Sale - PDAPhoneHome.com
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

mine is getting the pea sized dot as well.....and now I am getting a few pixels coming through it....must be a sch i760 thing....
    I want the storm and I want it now!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    I just didn't have it in me to change alllll the names from last to first from scratch and reinstall all my stuff like I like it just to keep doing it.
    I can understand that you are fed up with the phone but why didn't you make a backup image? You could restore the replacement within minutes and a few clicks.

Richard

My dog attacted my i760, I don't make a backup image, however I have all my cabs right on my sd card, I wiped the eaten one, loaded the new one....about an hour and EVERYTHING was back as it should have been!

LOL Did you replace the dog too?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    I just didn't have it in me to change alllll the names from last to first from scratch and reinstall all my stuff like I like it just to keep doing it.
    I think there is something called Sync? (Heavy sarcasm). Plug it in and your phone is just how you had it.

The cabs should be on your computer or sd card which should take one minute to install.

Some people like to tweak settings and spend many hours messing with the phone. Simply reinstalling CAB files or syncing data is not what most of us would consider "restoring" the phone to how we had it.

However, there are programs (like SPB backup) that will make a "full image" backup and can restore the phone exactly as it was.

Richard

John, if you are staying with Verizon, I suggest you call up and tell them you are switching to the iphone. They will transfer you to their retention department. You may be able to get a good deal on a new phone or a price reduction on your plan.

I've been on this forum since the 730 came out and love the info I've gotten here. However, the 760 just doesn't cut it anymore for me either. It will be sad to leave (grabbing the new iphone), but it will be great to have a phone that will frustrate me less.

They gave me the LG Dare (they said it was to new at first and that they couldn't give it to me, but they caved in) and then when I went back to an other Verizon store to get a case they where so nice they are now going to give me a free 8gb sd card for some promotion they had going w/the dare (even though I really didn't buy the phone) so so far I'm pretty happy. I was very close on getting the Touch but I got this.. I love the size and it is no iphone but it's pretty fun and I'm getting use to haveing no dial pad or #'s and what a difference in battery life..

The Dare can't do activesync Exchange push for email, contacts and appointments, correct? Can it use wireless sync at all? How is the web browser?

I mostly use my phone for email/calendar and web browsing. If there was a VZ phone with a web browser as good as the iphone, I'd think about staying with VZ (yes, I've tried all of the browsers available for the i760).

I don't believe it usues exchange push (my work email never worked on i760) but it does push my msn mail via mobile mail (pre loaded program w/dare) I think it does the same for aol and yahoo. The web browser is ok and it flips automaticly when you turn the phone (like iphone) but w/playing w/the iphone in the store I don't believe there is a phone out there that has better web browsing as good as the iphone..
    It has some kind of sync and I think you can "get it now" some kind of better activesync for business (don't know what it does) but it cost's more $ a month. Right now I got the best plan and it is going to be $20 less a month than what I had w/the i760

Yea, sounds like it would be too much of a step down for me. My wife has an iphone, so the family plan should be about $10-15 cheaper per month and will have full exchange features. We recently took a 4.5 hour plane ride and my wife watched downloaded TV episodes for about 4 hours on her iphone. The battery was only 1/3 depleted. My 760 would be lucky to get 45 minutes of video time.

I feel like a traitor but I too am switching. I was one of the people who got the i760 for $50 and would have gladly paid full price for what I consider the best phone I ever had. The people on this site were responsible for me getting such a good price and helped me with many of the questions I had. That's why I feel like a traitor. I tried the Sprint SERO plan for a month and tested the Mogul at the places where me an my family mostly use our phones. After the month was over I switched to the Family Plan. Although I believe Verizon has better overall coverage, Sprint covers me in the places I mainly need service. I fact it is even better than Verizon in those places. Plus I get unlimited texting for the family and unlimited internet on the Mogul added for the same price the Verizon plan without those features. So long everyone and keep up the good work. By the way the Mogul is slower than the i760.

I too got it for $50 and traded it in for the Dare, which is $250 and a free 8GB SD card.. but w/all the stuff I have gotten for the phone and the programs it prob. cost me that much and then some plus I just got a slingbox but I traded my i760 in right before I got it so I never got to try it out w/the sling....

John I also switched to the dare and I posted some info on howardforums about getting streaming Sirius to play on the Dare. here is the link

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official Dare Streaming Media Thread

Hi Brandon,

I know we r going to get yelled at for talking about the dare, but do you like it? Also I sooo wish I was "smart" enough to design an iphone Dare web page. I currently am using someone elses on that site but I wish I knew how to do it to make my own layout w/my own sites.

Dont let the door hit ya
    (We do have an iphone forum guys)