+ Reply to Thread

Media Player Issue

I have searched for this issue and have not seen it addressed elsewhere.

When I am using headphones and playing a play list or "all music", media player stops after every song. THis is extremely frustrating as when I'm cutting the grass, working out, etc., I have to stop after song, take the phone out of my pocket, and press the play button so it will start the next song.

Interestingly, this only happens when a headset is connected. If I just play music through the phones speaker, I never have this problem. The problem occurs both with wired headphones and with bluetooth stereo headphones.

I know that there are third party apps to replace media player but I really don't want to spend $$$ for something that should work already. Besides, the problem may persist even on a differenet media player.

create a playlist on your desktop, make sure you have all the same songs, move the playlist and play that!

You could try a "Search" for MP3 players and get a lot of hits on it.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    You could try a "Search" for MP3 players and get a lot of hits on it.
    I have owned MANY other mp3 players and never had this problem. So I assumed it was a problem with the phone. The purpose of buying the phone was to have everything in one so I didn't need to carry a phone and mp3 player.

I am so glad I joined this forum so I can get such helpful advice like yours.

ares99, I did not mean the MP3 player as in Hardware. I meant a media player like SOFTWARE. There have been threads on a lot of them here and some play almost every file out.
    Here is a thread on it I located using the Search button. I hope it helps. Try relaxing a little it makes it eaiser for all of us to get a long better. By the way.....Welcome the the Forum! Thanks, JASTECH

3g2 to mpg or avi
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Every so often, I have had this happen. When it does, I have always just performed a soft reset on the device and no more problem. You probably already have done this, but just though I would put in my two cents.

I use TCPMP and use the Play List and it keeps going. There is another on that link I posted that iProb8 and McGuzzy like that I had on my 6700 that is real good too but I can't think of the name.

I use Mort Player. It's an awesome music player that does not try and be an "All-In-One" like TCPMP. TCPMP is great for video, and great for YouTube (in fact, short of SkyFire, I think it's the only way), but for music, Mort Player is the best in my opinion.

My only complaint, and this more of a WM6 complaint rather then a Mort Player complaint: You can't associate MP3 files with Mort Player, and use MP3s as ring tones. So what I've done, is converted my Ring Tones to WMA files, and associated them.

Oh, and to address your issue, it resumes play after a call is completed. I just tested it without headphones. When I get my 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, I'll test it then with headphones. I do not have BT Head Phones.

EtherBoo, that's it Mort Player..Thanks for helping, maybe it's my age not remembering, PIP

Oops, probably should have included a link... hate when people don't include a link...

Enjoy:
    www.sto-helit.de - MortPlayer 3.3 english - CAB installation

Does Mort Player support AVRCP??