+ Reply to Thread

Love, but not "in love" with my i760...Blackberry Thunder?

Hey guys,

Is anyone excited about the Blackberry Thunder? I assume most of you here have Verizon because the i760 isn't offered on the other major carriers here in the U.S. and it appears this new All Touchsreen blackberry will be exclusive to Verizon when it comes out in September- so that makes us special .

Yes, i love my i760. It's a great phone but I'm one of those guys who is always looking for the next best thing in technology, and sometimes my i760 just feels outdated to me. It's a bit bulky and a little bit of a hassle to deal because of the slowdowns and crashes. I'm good to the phone and have the perfect apps loaded on it I need. I think I've pushed the i760 to it's full potential, with everyone's help here at pdaphonehome, but it's still lacking something...

The BB Thunder just looks SEXY, and if the OS reacts like that of the iPhone then I may have to jump ship. Emails, sms, mms, call quality, and internet browsing are all very important to me and will be a factor.

What I may miss the most will be the slide-out QWERTY keyboard but...wouldn't it be sweet if the all touchscreen keyboard could be used in landscape mode on this new blackberry? Heck yeah!

Anyway, I'm pumped. Never liked Apple and it's nice to see us loyal customers at Verizon get something exclusive (and possibly groundbreaking) in our neck of the woods.

Anyone else like me?

Links:

BlackBerry Thunder, the touchscreen BlackBerry we’ve all been waiting for : Boy Genius Report

BlackBerry Thunder live shot, damn we’re good! : Boy Genius Report

i totally agree! i love the 760 but its starting to lose its pizaaz for me. always looking for next newest thing. also, with the outlook of the omnia coming to att, its hard not to think about jumping ship. i was never a big fan of BB but i suppose i would have to see it in action before making that decision. what im really hoping for (and lets see if the rumor proves to be true) is the htc diamond or touch pro coming to verizon. its rumored to come in january and if it comes, i'll be again a satisfied customer of big red. buuut, january is a long time to wait!!!

The only thing holding me back from a Blackberry was a touchscreen interface.

Yes, the Samsung Omnia looks KILLER, too... it's just sad because when these great new phones come out and I buy one there's going to be some other butt-kicking phone just around the corner from THAT place and time and the process of wanting the next best thing will start all over again...haha

But it looks like the Omnia is just for AT&T?
    Last edited by Kingjosh81; 07-07-2008 at 11:02 AM.

yea, it looks like its going to att. as for switching to a BB, i use slingbox and i dont believe i can use it on a bb. thats a dealbreaker for me.

another phone that has sparked my interest from verizon is the motorola blaze since its windows based...but....from what i've read so far, not the best reviews..

Well the SGH-i900 Omnia 16GB is available in a Network:
    - GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 (Quad-Band)
    - WCDMA: 900/2100 (Dual-Band)
    HSDPA (7.2 Mbits) <--- That's fast and on AT&T's Global network which includes the United States. It can be Pre-Ordered here: Samsung i900 Omnia Description - eXpansys Inc
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester