+ Reply to Thread

Issue with Jabra BT8040

So I bought a Jabra BT8040 after my Jabra X10 took a dunk in the toilet (wife's fault, but gave me an excuse to buy something new).

I love the fit and design of the BT8040, and the clarity on both ends seems great. The headset supports the Bluetooh Stereo (or in this case Mono) Headset Profile which seems neat but I don't think I'd ever use it.

But that headset functionality is problematic. When my phone connects to the headset it automatically turns on both the Stereo Headset and Handsfree profiles. The problem is that with the Stereo Headset profile turned on, I can talk into the phone but not hearing anything (almost as if the phone is sending the audio to the 'other' channel, even though it should be a single mono channel).

So two questions:

1. is the problem with the i760 or do I have a bad BT headset?
    2. if neither is the problem, just some weird functionality or something, is there a way to prevent the phone from checking the Stereo Headset Profile each time it connects?

Thanks all!
    It's been quite a trip! Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm m515 - Kyocera 7135 - Samsung i730 - Samsung i760

Sounds like the headset to me, but have you went into your Bluetooth settings after connecting and disabled the stereo option, then clicking Refresh and then Save (I believe thats the order).
    BTW, I have the Voyager 855 and it works flawlessly
    Last edited by stanglifemike; 07-10-2008 at 08:47 PM.

I always have to uncheck the Stereo profile each time the phone connects to get it to work right, but when it reconnects the option is checked again.

I'll give your steps a try though.
    It's been quite a trip! Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm m515 - Kyocera 7135 - Samsung i730 - Samsung i760

How did you make out with this? I'm looking for a new BT earpiece. I had the BT250 which worked great, but left it in a rental car. Took over my wife's X10 that she never used, but she say's it sounds terrible when I talk to her, although on my end it sounds fine.

So, what to buy?

Mixed bag unfortunately. Sound quality on my end is great, and I haven't had any complaints from anyone I've called. Testing it out by leaving a voice message sounds good to me as well.

But no matter what I do, every time it 're-pairs' with my phone it automatically checks the Hands Free box and that prevents it from sending voice over the headset. Again, that doesn't make sense to me because the headset should just be receiving the stereo signal and mixing it mono for me to hear.

Using LocationFree for the PPC I can hear the TV just fine as if I was wearing headphones, which is sort of neat if I want to watch in the airport but not use regular headphones. But when if I make or receive a call I can't hear voice (but I can hear the VoiceCommand prompt).

There has to be a setting or something that I can do to fix it.

Otherwise I really like the headset, sound quality, volume, and fit.

Will keep playing to see what I come up with.