+ Reply to Thread

VZNAV release....

Hey guys, its been a while since I have been on here. Well, last time, I was in the middle of moving and not knowing whether I would still be working with verizon or not... GOOD NEWS!! I back with verizon in the st louis area. interesting tidbit here...collateral in my store talks about the "free trial of of vznav on the i760".. pictures will follow later tonight.
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by pillagingjack View Post
    Hey guys, its been a while since I have been on here. Well, last time, I was in the middle of moving and not knowing whether I would still be working with verizon or not... GOOD NEWS!! I back with verizon in the st louis area. interesting tidbit here...collateral in my store talks about the "free trial of of vznav on the i760".. pictures will follow later tonight.
    Yeah I was excited when I saw this too but unfortunately since I work for Verizon I found out it was a mistake.

initially, I thought it was a mistake too, as did CS, however when talking to tech support, on the sly he happened to mention "hmm..thats strange that it shows the 760 with vznav. It shouldn't be on that collateral yet" then he refused to elaborate...leads me to believe that vznav is on the way for windows mobile phones!! then again...we know how vzw works!! haha
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

You can get VZ Navigator on the Moto Q9c. I'm guessing the 6.1 firmware upgrade will add support for VZ Nav to our i760's. Which if their systems are showing up with VZNav and the i760 maybe the firmware release is close...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorf View Post
    You can get VZ Navigator on the Moto Q9c. I'm guessing the 6.1 firmware upgrade will add support for VZ Nav to our i760's. Which if their systems are showing up with VZNav and the i760 maybe the firmware release is close...
    yeah right... we wish.

I wouldn't hold my breath. VZN is good at talking out both sides of there mouth. I will fallow Mark and a few others here and go to AT&T when they have the SGH-i900 Omnia for sell. Unless you guys can find out if VZW will get it but I don't think so sense it's GSM.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

If they do add VZNav then I sure hope they at least get the "Location" by tower thing working.

I760 Data plan info

Since we have some "Verizon" employees here, do any of you know when/if the $29.99 data plan will be coming to the i760 phone?
    Ed

It's far too expensive, but my gosh is it handy (my wife has it).
    Not perfect and it should be 50% the price in my opinion, but it works quite well in most situations.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Any update on this one??

nope, not yet..but heres something interesting for minds greater than mine to ponder. GPS does not work on the 760. HOWEVER!! when I use wmwifirouter to broadcast wifi FROM my phone to my ipod touch, the ipod's gps works with out any problems???? WTF??? hahaha?? I'm confused? Obviously the phone is pulling in the info it needs to make it work.

Nate