+ Reply to Thread

Easier ways to turn 760 on ?

Found two ways to turn 760 on:
    1. Button at top
    2. Slide out keyboard and then return

Any other ways ? I have 760 in one hand and it is hard to reach top button and sliding keyboard is ackward (730 was easy with vertical pad).

Would like a 2 key sequence on keypad to turn on.

Thanks !

If you use a BT headset, you can just activate voice-command from your headset and that will turn the phone on.

I found this essential because I use the phone for GPS mapping and music on my motorcycle where the phone is placed in a waterproof holder which prohibits either accessing the top button or opening the slider.
    HTC Touch Pro 2, Samsung i760, i730, Kyocera 7135, 6035

911 rememberance link below

http://inlibertyandfreedom.com/flash/heroes.swf

DEDICATED TO ALL AMERICANS

"WE WILL NEVER FORGET"

I was wondering something similar myself, but i would like the phones screen to turn back on when i touch any button, I know a lot of poeple dont like this because they usually have the phone in there pocket or whatever but i need this when i am in the car. if anyone knows please let me know. thanks

@kansurr

It's not really what you're looking for, but there's an option so the phone *stays* on when attached to a power source. That's what I use when I'm in the car.

If I remember right the backlight in a separate setting from the power, so you could still have the backlight go off if you wanted.

Quickest way to turn on an i760...Soft music and a diamond touch next to it.

I agree that i could do that, but i don't charge my phone when i am in the car, because i have had trouble killing batteries that way. And i don't need the screen on all the time

Well, when you are in the car you can go into the power settings and uncheck the 'On Battery Power' 'Turn off device if not used for' setting.

Then in the backlight setting lower the 'Turn off backlight' setting to 10 seconds.. (It may already be the default)

That will at least keep the device 'on' The screen dims after 10 seconds but you can just tap it to wake it up. I'm guessing having the screen on, but not lit still might have a big impact on battery, but would at least help you out in the car maybe?

yeah thats what i have been doing. but i feel like i am probably killing the battery by doing this, i ususally use up both batteries in a day, and need to charge both at night for the next day.

This is my first smartphone, and i do not like that i have to do this, Anyone know if other smartphones are like this as well

For the Treo 700wx all you had to do was hit the red end call button on the front of the phone to wake it up, or turn it off.. It was is a heck of a lot easier then the button on our i760's. However, it would be easier to bump it in a pocket. (Their keyguard helped with that, though I found it annoying and didn't use it.) Will the upcoming 800w work the same? I dunno...

What do you mean by killing the batteries by charging them in your car? The life of Lithium Ion batteries is not shortened by charging them when they are not low/empty. There is a battery meter that can get confused sometimes so every so often it's good to run a battery until it turns off your device to help keep the meter calibrated.

Quote Originally Posted by kansurr View Post
    yeah thats what i have been doing. but i feel like i am probably killing the battery by doing this, i ususally use up both batteries in a day, and need to charge both at night for the next day.

This is my first smartphone, and i do not like that i have to do this, Anyone know if other smartphones are like this as well

What I was hoping for was a two-key sequence on the keypad - easy to turn on phone with one hand - and few accidental turn-ons beause you have to hit two keys.

Hitting that top button, holding phone with 1 hand, and not hitting other keys is a challenge....

Yeah, even just a 1 or 2 second push off the call button would be a nice touch, yet still difficult to do accidentally.

the problem with a car charger is that when you use it, it uses more voltage or amps then the wall charger, sometimes this can ruin the battery slowly becasue it is not made to handle the extra. I have had it happen with other phones i have previously owns. for most people they would never see this. but i literly had it on the car charger 10 hours a day 6 days a week.