+ Reply to Thread

Help: Phone announces calls in manner mode

I have photo contacts pro and phonealarm installed.

My defaullt profile is for the phone only to vibrate when someone calls and for emails/text messages/voicemails to flash.

I have not intentionally changed any settings and have rebooted my phone several times but no matter what it now announces all things such as:

YOU HAVE A CALL FROM JANE DOE
    YOU HAVE A NEW TEXT MESSAGE

You guys get the idea. I dont know which program is causing it to annouce these things and where to turn it off.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
    Dean

Check your phoneAlarm settings. pA has the ability to activate Voice Command, which can announce new calls and e-mails. My first guess is that you have pA set to turn on Voice Command.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    Check your phoneAlarm settings. pA has the ability to activate Voice Command, which can announce new calls and e-mails. My first guess is that you have pA set to turn on Voice Command.
    It turned out to be Photocontacts Pro. I deleted the Manner Mode Profile in Photo Contacts Pro and recreated it and it worked fine.

My problem is I kept messing with phone alarm because I expected it to be the problem since it has a amost unlimited number of settings.

I dont know what Photo Contact setting caused the issue.

Dean