+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost my stylus

Lost my stylus

Unless I missed them, the I-760 only came with one stylus. The local VZW stores do not have them. I ordered a pack of three off ebay but I have found the third party ones to be cheaper. Does anyone know the best place to order the samsung brand ones for the best price.

Thanks,
    Dean

PS: Yes I knew from day 1 I would lose one at some point so I should have ordered replacements the day I bought my phone.

WDW
    I got mine from pocket solutions.com Not a Samsung branded stylus, but it fits well. I still have my original, I ordered one because I have a tendency to lose things.

Samsung i760 Retractable Stylus : (5 Star Rating) Google Checkout available.
    Last edited by WDW; 07-12-2008 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    I got mine from pocket solutions.com Not a Samsung branded stylus, but it fits well. I still have my original, I ordered one because I have a tendency to lose things.

Samsung i760 Retractable Stylus : (5 Star Rating) Google Checkout available.
    I ordered three for 6.99 with shipping off ebay. I am not sure the one for 9.99 is better because they are probably the same thing.

The replacements I ordered off ebay for my I-730 didnt retract as smoothly as the ones from Samsung. I will let you know how it works out when I get the ones from a retailer off ebay for my i-760.

All things being equal, I would like to buy a Samsung replacment. 9.99 seems awful high to me for a non oem stylus.

WDW
    Yeah, I saw the ones on ebay. I'm sure they will workout fine. My experience has been pretty good buying products from there, but some people don't like buying accesories there.
    At the time I ordered mine I'm not sure they were available. I got mine a few days after the phone was released, along with some other items. Luckily I haven't had to use it.

I received the three for $5.99 plus free shipping yesterday. I cannot tell the difference between these and the original Samsung one.

If anyone is interested, I will post the Vendor on ebay where I bought the three. Hopefully I wont lose the other three before it is time to upgrade to another phone!

Dean

Does anyone sell a stylus with a built in pen?
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Treo 700w -> Samsung SCH-i760 -> Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)

Quote Originally Posted by dean2900 View Post
    The local VZW stores do not have them.
    I must admit, it is really getting on my nerves that Verizon stores do not carry anything for the i760.

I went into a brand new "we have everything Verizon" store yesterday to dare them to carry an i760, or at least a friggin wall charger...Needless to say, they do not carry "everything" Verizon!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by thaibruin View Post
    Does anyone sell a stylus with a built in pen?
    I;d love to know as well, i looked but so far can't find any that do... I've had a stylus with pen with my Treo and used it all the time. Pen comes very handy.
    If someone see one for i760 post up!

Seller was eforcity on ebay and the price was $6.98 with shipping (my bad on the original post price).

Here is the description:

3 PACK METAL STYLUS PEN FOR SAMSUNG VERIZON SCH-i760

100% new high quality generic (non-OEM) Metal Retractable Stylus for Samsung i760
    Quantity: 3
    Need a replacement Stylus for your PDA handheld? This nicely weighted metal stylus handles better than the stock stylus, and its sensitive stylus tip gives you the smoothest navigation.
    Stylus extends for easier handling and grip while writing.
    It is an ideal accessory for high demand PDA users.
    Fits perfectly inside the silo of your PDA handheld.
    Composite construction: metal shaft with a hard plastic tip and soft silicone top.
    Barrel Color: Aluminum
    Tip Material: Polymer Blend
    Tip Color: Black
    Type: generic/aftermarket
    Accessory ONLY. Phone not included

On another note, I need a Samsung brand stylus too, but I can't find it for the life of me...

I've seen it attacked to the Samsung Omnia. I guess it would be difficult as the phone is only out in Asia and is hitting certain parts of Europe in a few weeks, but here's a look at it:

» Samsung Omnia Exclusive Hands-On Review - Video Within TechieLobang - News, Tips & Tricks: Get updated on Technology plus all other Interesting Things!

Also shown with a case I'll be getting for it:

PDair Leather Case Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Flip/Black - eBay (item 230272986611 end time Jul-26-08 00:41:31 PDT)

Anybody have any idea how I'd be able to find something like this?

Sorry but I search the net and ebay first. If you cant find it there, you are probably going to have to pay premium price.