Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

6.1 update is out (kind of)

Just in case people haven't seen the last few posts in the sticky on the 6.1 update, I thought I'd make it more visible that you can now get the 6.1 update. Look in the 6.1 rumor sticky to find more info.

Windows Mobile 6.1 for SCH-i760 Rumor Thread

Two early-adopters are actively doing the update right now...quick info is to RTFM, use the original data-only USB cable (not an after-market data+charge), do not use any kind of USB hub (including laptop port replicators), and RTFM.

<Edit> - first report is one success, one failure. Though the success resulted in a slightly different version number on the phone than the manual said to expect. The failure is re-trying...(hmmm...HE is not a failure! just the installation was!!)

<Edit> - for quick find (in the main sticky thread), the manual is on page 14, post 265. The DL's are on page 14, post 275. (More info follows post 275 from the early adopters.)
    Last edited by sdgardne; 07-13-2008 at 06:05 PM.

I tryed it, and it fails transfer 13 seconds in, so I have to restore using SPB Backup

I tried it. It worked easily and completed quickly. I'm re-installing stuff now, but I notice a new Task Manager and a Remote Desktop Mobile that I'm interested in trying (I was just looking for a WM VPN client this morning...).

Mine stopped and now it won't reinstall. Says Phone Download Fail, PDA Download Fail, Eboot Download Fail, Download again. Don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

I did do SPB Backup but how do i even run the executable file?

m_kranzler11 and anyone else with the error
    Phone Download Fail
    PDA Download Fail
    Eboot Download Fail
    Download again.

Try holding down CLR and the RIGHT softkey while pressing the reset button. I ran into the same error, and doing this reset procedure seems to put the phone back into some emergency reset mode, and boot back up. For me, the update failed right away the first time, so the phone's rom was intact... if you got this error in the middle of the update.... I don't know what to tell you, try it out.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by snrsuave View Post
    Just in case people haven't seen the last few posts in the sticky on the 6.1 update, I thought I'd make it more visible that you can now get the 6.1 update. Look in the 6.1 rumor sticky to find more info.

Windows Mobile 6.1 for SCH-i760 Rumor Thread
    Snrsuave, thanks for this thread. I actually got to a point were I stopped checking the sticky because there was never anything new.

I did the download, and the first time through it failed, but now everything just downloaded great. Testing out the new stuff now.

Thanks again

Darthtater

Wow, between the iPod Touch firmware 2.0 update and the WM6.1 update I am in tech heaven!

Too bad I just found out about the 6.1 update and I am stuck at work! Can't wait to try the update tonight!
    It's been quite a trip! Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm m515 - Kyocera 7135 - Samsung i730 - Samsung i760

same here lambo.... I guess i'll have to wait until tonight. And I'll have to find my USB cord.... crap... I have no clue where that thing is.

Super Awesome. I'm updating now. I did a hard reset before I started to get rid of my exchange policies because everytime it reset it would pause for me to enter my password and would not seem to keep going after that...

UPDATE: I like how it keeps saying to reset the device because it did not reset automatically.. but it pops up during an automatic reset.

I can't get past the "please reset device, the device did not reset automatically. Please press the reset button" Although in reality, it has reset.

Quote Originally Posted by zachman123 View Post
    m_kranzler11 and anyone else with the error
    Phone Download Fail
    PDA Download Fail
    Eboot Download Fail
    Download again.

Try holding down CLR and the RIGHT softkey while pressing the reset button. I ran into the same error, and doing this reset procedure seems to put the phone back into some emergency reset mode, and boot back up. For me, the update failed right away the first time, so the phone's rom was intact... if you got this error in the middle of the update.... I don't know what to tell you, try it out.
    Tried this but it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    I can't get past the "please reset device, the device did not reset automatically. Please press the reset button" Although in reality, it has reset.
    What kind of computer are you using to do the update? I was having this issue when trying to use my Macbook pro via a VMWare session.

I ended up have to reboot the machine into Windows directly, then the update proceeded properly.
    http://www.jarredinthehouse.com

Ok, so I got the "Port Open Failed' type message. It said to reset the device and relaunch the updater.

So I did that, when I did a soft reset it did boot up and say WM 6.1, but I still launched the updater and now it is still flashing, so it's possible it was actually updated before that error, but I'm letting it go through again incase it hasn't got to the radio update yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jarredduq View Post
    What kind of computer are you using to do the update? I was having this issue when trying to use my Macbook pro via a VMWare session.

I ended up have to reboot the machine into Windows directly, then the update proceeded properly.
    Fujitsu T2010 TabletPC , XP Tablet Edition OS.

So the 2nd time now, the PDA part gets updated, but it keeps failing on the phone upgrade. So my device is 6.1 but the phone update is not taking.

Quote Originally Posted by jarredduq View Post

I used Vista with with the Vista Installer.

I guess I'll have to try it on my XP Pro
    PC at home later today.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast