+ Reply to Thread

Can't navigate in PHM Registry Editor

OK, there seems to be something wrong with the search feature. I've tried searching just this forum using quick search AND advanced search, then I tried searching for "phm" across all forums and it keeps telling me it found no results. I *know* that's not true because I've seen the letters PHM in dozens of posts.

Anyway, I have installed the PHM Registry Editor on my i760. While it *will* open and I can see the Registry Hives, if I tap on a hive it doesn't do anything. If I select a hive and choose tap on the "Values" link at the bottom left, it takes me to a blank white screen.

I finally figured out I can go to Menu and Favorites where I can choose a few different shortcuts to different registry entries, but once I'm there I click on an entry and click "Values" and again see nothing but a white screen.

In Windows desktop OSes, I'd expect to see a + sign next to those entries, but I don't see them here. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to.

I'm apologize profusely if this has already been answered. I tried my best to search, but something is wrong with the search feature.

Thanks,
    Max.

CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Well, thanks... but there was no answer in that post... or at least the answer doesn't resolve my problem. As I said, there are no + signs next to the entries.

Search is still not working for me for some reason. I suppose I should try it in IE instead of Firefox, but I can't see why that would make a difference.

Max.

I suppose I should try it in IE instead of Firefox, but I can't see why that would make a difference.?
    Maybe try a reinstall as it should work right off the bat, club, stick, match whichever, PIP
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Well, the comment I made regarding IE and Mozilla was about not getting any results when searching this site.

Here's a question, though... when you go to the PHM page to download the program, there are several different options you can choose. I chose the recommended install file (for Desktop Installer via Activesync.) I then copied the downloaded file to the Sammy and installed it from the Sammy.

Is there a better way to do it... or should I have chosen a different download option?

Thanks again,
    Max.

I would use the .cab file and place it directly on your i760 then just click on it and it will install.

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    I would use the .cab file and place it directly on your i760 then just click on it and it will install.
    Rats. That's exactly what I did. I don't understand why I seem to be one of only 2 people having this problem.

Thanks for trying.

Max.

I seem to have the same issue. The icons for the hives appear to have an image of a "key" in them.