+ Reply to Thread

txt msg error on verizon service

Im getting an error message when people send me txt msg's. and its only some messages. Ones that i have found to do so are longer msgs and ones with pictures in them that come from normal phones not smartphones.

This is the error msg that im getting.

Preceding msg modified, Media objects were removed

Verizon tells me that its a problem with the phone not being able to recieve the "object" like a picture or long msgs. Before this phone I had a vx6700 that I never had that problem with. never got the error message, if the person sent a picture or something that the phone couldnt accept it would just delete the object and deliever the msg.
    I also never had a problem recieving longer messages with the 6700 either. I would come in as 2 or 3 seperate msgs but thats fine.

Anybody have any ideas?

It has been talked about in depth before, if you search for something about txt over 160 characters you will find a post about it.

What it comes down to is verizon's system is "messed up" and claims the device is not ems capable even though it is. I told them that samsung says it is and it said somewhere in the manual it was also. The lady said to the extent "it may be supported by the device, however we do not support it through the device" what ever that means. Sounds like BS....

I wonder if WM6.1 fixes this??

Didn't even think of that, that would be nice, i've never had the problem but hopefully someone that has can find out so I can let my girlfriend know.

thanks for the info guys, i installed 6.1 last night and had my girlfriend send me a txt with the ems characters, but its still doing the same thing. maybe if enough people complain about it to verizon, they might do something to fix it.