+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

WM 6.1--New Features & Bug Fixes

Please post your observations and questions about WM 6.1's new features (including things that are different from WM 6) in this thread.

Edit: Please also use this thread to report any WM 6 bugs that appear to have been fixed by WM 6.1. If you want to report new bugs or bugs that have not been fixed, please use the WM 6.1 Bugs thread.
    Last edited by iProb8; 07-14-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Oops, I made a Threaded SMS post, if you don't mind, you can go ahead and whack that one, I'll post it here! Sorry!

Hey peeps. How are you liking the threaded SMS?

The best improvement I've noticed is not even the threaded part. One thing I loved about the stock Treo 700wx was I could send a SMS to an email address if I wanted too. With the i760 you would type a contact it would just give you their mobile number to use. Sure you could manually type an email address in there, or reply to a SMS that was sent from an email account, but it was not the same.

Well, I noticed I can compose an SMS right to an email address.

It's the little things that make me happy.

The support for 4, 6, and I believe 8 GB memory cards.

I'm not absolutely certain this didn't work before (only a i760 owner for 6 days before the upgrade), but I notice that I can have simultaneous, active Bluetooth connections with my headset and GPS.

I believe when I tried this last week, Live Search couldn't communicate with the GPS while I was talking on my headset.

Ability to view Youtube videos without 3rd party software.
    Built in Task Manager(insteading of using Settings/Memory).
    "One Note" App included with Microsoft Office.

Bluetooth pairing is automatic IF the passcode for the device is 0000.

Still no Live Services as far as I can tell... (hotmail, messenger, etc)

Will Sprite Backup restore installed programs with 6.1?

Title says it all...Will Sprite work from a recent Backup?

Do I need to set it to allow for upgraded OS first?

OR...Do I Need to REINSTALL everything manually?

Thanks

Sorry for posted this in the wrong place...feel free to move it to install thread
    Last edited by solsavr; 07-14-2008 at 01:08 PM.
    "Put on God's whole armor, that you may be able successfully to stand up against the strategies and the deceits of the devil"

Ep. 6:11

Here is the list I have found so far. I am going to continue to post what I find.
    1. Bluetooth Pairing is automatic doesn't ask for a passcode (unless you have a custom on set)
    2. Customer Feedback to send usage data back to microsoft
    3. Getting Started directions added instead of help
    4. Remote Desktop Mobile included by default
    5. Task Manager changes to show CPU usage and it appears to show all running processes not just programs
    6. OneNOte Mobile added to the Office Mobile Programs
    7. Automatic detection of Exchange Server Settings
    8. Overall Performance seems to have improved a bit, a lot less waiting for programs to open (this may just be due to the reset of my device, but I have done the reset before and I could sware it took me longer in the past to reload everything)
    9. Text message threading with Spell Checker
    10. Managed programs added
    11. Bluetooth issue when in call corrected
    12. Domin enrollment
    13. Vpn connections now work without wifi
    14. Wifi search for networks will now list all networks within range
    15. Defalt signicure of Sent from my Windows Mobile® phone.
    16. You can switch to view processes in task manger

Bluetooth with multiple devices works a little bit better, but still has the problem of switching between more then one ear piece.

Quote Originally Posted by fmeredith View Post
    I'm not absolutely certain this didn't work before (only a i760 owner for 6 days before the upgrade), but I notice that I can have simultaneous, active Bluetooth connections with my headset and GPS.

I believe when I tried this last week, Live Search couldn't communicate with the GPS while I was talking on my headset.
    I used to use my bluetooth earpiece and my bluetooth gps all of the time without an issue on the old version. The problem you should have saw was that the phone wasn't updating your maps when using the bluetooth earpiece, since the data connection could not be made while a phone connection is in progress. That is an issue which can't be worked around unless you add a second number to the phone (which I am not even sure this phone can handle).
    Last edited by djlactose; 07-14-2008 at 01:23 PM.

I also forgot to mention that the Samsung boot screen is now different.

On the Office Apps End should mention that unlike the WM6 Firmware this is using the new Office 6.1 with Office 2007 Support so no need to Upgrade your office apps if you use 2007 at home....

Did have one question is anyone else having issues accessing the phones Memory from Remote desktop Connections?

Quote Originally Posted by drkstoner View Post
    On the Office Apps End should mention that unlike the WM6 Firmware this is using the new Office 6.1 with Office 2007 Support so no need to Upgrade your office apps if you use 2007 at home....

Did have one question is anyone else having issues accessing the phones Memory from Remote desktop Connections?
    I am not sure what you mean, remote desktop connections are to allow you to connect to another computer, I don't know how you could be accessing the phone's memory from there.

Just had a few questions about the upgrade. I upgraded lastnight and it went flawlessly. the threaded sms is well lets face it, amazing compared to what we used to have. For somereason i can not view youtube videos at all. I go to youtube click on watch video and nothing happens. I reinstalled flashvideo bundle and tcpmp and i got a wonderfull error called CRASH.EXE not joking thats what it says. Can anyone help with this issue???? And i was also wondering if anyone knows how to tell if the install was completley successful? including the radio updates????

Quote Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
    Just had a few questions about the upgrade. I upgraded lastnight and it went flawlessly. the threaded sms is well lets face it, amazing compared to what we used to have. For somereason i can not view youtube videos at all. I go to youtube click on watch video and nothing happens. I reinstalled flashvideo bundle and tcpmp and i got a wonderfull error called CRASH.EXE not joking thats what it says. Can anyone help with this issue???? And i was also wondering if anyone knows how to tell if the install was completley successful? including the radio updates????
    I believe 6.1 now has native support for videos on m.youtube.com but not youtube.com desktop version. You need to find the recompiled tcpmp that works with 6.1, skunkworks will continue to work fine.

I guess a way to check to see if the install was successful is to check the version numbers of the phone+pda.

Comfortably Converged
    This thread should be new features and new bugs!

The ICS cab file does not work with the new ROM. Other than that it seems to be a nice upgrade.

which ICS cabs are u using? ICS installed fine for me, and i'm using wmwifirouter

Spb pocket plus doesn't seem to be fully funtional with 6.1. I'm not able to use the scroll feature with I.E. and my file explorer seems to be back to the standard way without the expanded folders I use to have with WM6. However, the close function works so I don't know what's going on.

SKYPE no longer works with 6.1. Have to use fring instead. After upgrade I did the *228 and that seemed to work. But I could not send and recieve calls or SMS. When I tried to make a call i got the message that Verizon could not authenticate the phone, so I had to call the number in the message. Person on the other end was confused why it stopped after I have had it for a few months. I told him about the 6.1 upgrade. He did a few things and now it's working.

One thing that is missing that I liked with 6.0 is seeing what programs were running when tabbing on Start-Settings-System-Memory. There use to be 3 tabs...Main...Storage Card...Running programs. Now only the first 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast