+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

WM 6.1--New (and Old) Bugs

Let's use this thread to report bugs in WM 6.1. Please be sure to state (to the extent you can) whether the bug is new to WM 6.1 or is a bug from WM 6 that has not yet been fixed with WM 6.1. Do not report fixed bugs here; use the WM 6.1 Features thread to report fixed bugs.

In reporting on bugs, please don't forget to list any third party programs you have installed.
    Last edited by iProb8; 07-14-2008 at 07:03 PM.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Possible Time Zone bug

I'll start this thread by reporting what I believe is a bug. I live in Arizona. We don't go on Daylight Savings Time. Therefore, I need to select "Arizona" as my time zone. Three times today, I've had my i760 switch--for no apparent reason--from Arizona Time to Mountain Time. I have not yet been able to figure out when the switch occurs or why. So far, I have not installed any third party programs so it appears to be a WM 6.1 problem.

Has anyone else seen this happen?
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

New bug...SKYPE does not work. Not compatible with WM 6.1 on this phone.

Don't know if it's just me, but the new quick input bar at the bottom of text messages is sometimes cut off by the bottom Send and Menu bar.

Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    I'll start this thread by reporting what I believe is a bug. I live in Arizona. We don't go on Daylight Savings Time. Therefore, I need to select "Arizona" as my time zone. Three times today, I've had my i760 switch--for no apparent reason--from Arizona Time to Mountain Time. I have not yet been able to figure out when the switch occurs or why. So far, I have not installed any third party programs so it appears to be a WM 6.1 problem.

Has anyone else seen this happen?
    That was happening to me as well....I went in under settings....clicked on phone.....scrolled down to time and then checked the box that says manual on both boxes....Seems to be a fix.
    I want the storm and I want it now!

one thing I just noticed in sms....whoever is texting me the time is way off...I was texting someone and my text time was correct (3:19pm) but their's was 7 hours earlier ( 8:20pm)

Anyone else having this issue?

Comfortably Converged
    The ICS cab file from the wmwifi router thread does not work anymore for me. I was just using that cab file to tether by USB so I could charge the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rynoondew View Post
    one thing I just noticed in sms....whoever is texting me the time is way off...I was texting someone and my text time was correct (3:19pm) but their's was 7 hours earlier ( 8:20pm)

Anyone else having this issue?
    Nope, not with mine.

Does this happen with every person you are txting or just on in particular?

And if so, does this person live in a different time zone or have their time f'd up?

I know when I txt people in different time zones it came up as their time so it would seem messed up. (I was using Palm SMS before upgrading)

Quote Originally Posted by rynoondew View Post
    That was happening to me as well....I went in under settings....clicked on phone.....scrolled down to time and then checked the box that says manual on both boxes....Seems to be a fix.
    Thanks. MRailing tipped me off to those settings about 2 hours ago. I set the bottom one (auto time zone) to manual and have left the top one (auto time) to auto. I'll see whether that fixes the issue.
    -Jay

[QUOTE=zfly99;743720]Nope, not with mine.

Does this happen with every person you are txting or just on in particular?

And if so, does this person live in a different time zone or have their time f'd up?

I know when I txt people in different time zones it came up as their time so it would seem messed up. (I was using Palm SMS before upgrading)[/QUOTE

it happens with everyone....and I even checked their clocks to see if it was them being idiots..... hmmmmm strange

When trying to connect to the internet, I am getting this error message:
    Dialed: #777
    Your username or password is wrong. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap Settings. If the problem continues, turn the device off and try again.
    I don't have a data plan, but I should still be able to connect right? (I know I'll get charged an arm, leg, and firstborn child...)

did anybody get the flash TCPMP and Flashbundle to work like WM6. Using 6.1 I can play videos directly from PIE but like somebody else said there is a big border instead of a true full screen. I also liked how you could tap the screen and it would rotate to landscape and play in a true full screen.

There is a TCPMP version on the xda developers site adjusted to work with 6.1. I loaded it and it works fine. Also loaded the flash bundle and can now watch flv as before the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar11735 View Post

I don't have a data plan, but I should still be able to connect right? (I know I'll get charged an arm, leg, and firstborn child...)

Just guessing...did you *228 after the update?

Just tried that and I am still getting the crash message

this is the site I used

UPDATE - TCPMP for WM6.1 Sleuth & other 3.02 & 3.03 Versions 02/13/08 - Page 3 - xda-developers

Also uninstalled the previous and tried this

UPDATE - TCPMP for WM6.1 Sleuth & other 3.02 & 3.03 Versions 02/13/08 - xda-developers
    Last edited by rparik01; 07-15-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Does anyone know if the Voice Activation beep still happens? I'd like to use it, but I don't have it mapped to a key so I don't bother using it.

I had that problem too. I had to re-authenticate my phone by calling Verizon, and that was after I did the #228. I have noticed that since the upgrade, my EVDO signal is not as strong in my house as it use to be, and sometimes kicks in to dialing #777 instead. Perhaps weather related, I don't know. But it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar11735 View Post

I had that problem too. I had to re-authenticate my phone by calling Verizon, and that was after I did the #228. I have noticed that since the upgrade, my EVDO signal is not as strong in my house as it use to be, and sometimes kicks in to dialing #777 instead. Perhaps weather related, I don't know. But it does work.

I don't know if this is a 6.1 fix or not....but my activesync has yet to fail me.....Before it was hit or miss whether or not I could syc.

i am having trouble with activesync
    it says i need to reduce my mailbox size
    i use imap and keep the last 3 days so it is only like 80 or so

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast