+ Reply to Thread

Sliding Panel Interface?

It seems as though the sliding panel interface as pictured in early WM6.1 articles is only a feature of smartphone WM6.1.

I have just installed quite clean and peacefully the new WM6.1 update, and I am happy to report that essentially every function of my phone works better, faster, more reliably.

The only real thing I am disappointed with is the absence of the sliding panel interface. So my question here is this:

Can anyone find a registry hack that maybe enables it for use on WM Professional devices? Theres a few hidden options in every release of WM that we've all taken advantage of. It would be awesome if this were one of them.

And if not.. it was still worth a dream.

PS - I'm NOT looking for 3rd party software. That would be an entirely different thread.
    You lock it up..

wow. you're kidding me? i had no idea.

L-O-V-E the sliding panel on my Blackjack. i have a friend with a i760 and was looking forward to helping her get upgraded and was showing the new sliding home screen.

so what is the home screen like? standard WinMo home plugins?

As far as I can tell, it is EXACTLY the same as before. (See Below)

I had no idea it wasn't going to have the sliding applet ribbon. Well, I guess we can't have everything, eh?

I'm happy with the update though. Improved quite a bit of my phone's stability. But looking at the samsung page, in the list of included features of the update, "updated “Vista” looks" is listed. I wonder where that is???

Anyway, it still looks just like this:
    You lock it up..

I'm fairly sure there's no quick registry hack to kick on the sliding panel interface. All of the things about the sliding panels for 6.1 standard talk about a folder named 'home' in the application data folder which pro does not, so it looks like it doesn't even have the files necessary for a registry hack.

I also haven't found any program on xda or anywhere else that would install the sliding panels from 6.1 standard yet...which is also lame...

DRMB, have you any clue what the "updated vista looks" are by chance? I may start a new thread asking that question, but I don't know if its similar enough to go in this thread..
    You lock it up..

Quote Originally Posted by drmbdrummer View Post
    I'm fairly sure there's no quick registry hack to kick on the sliding panel interface. All of the things about the sliding panels for 6.1 standard talk about a folder named 'home' in the application data folder which pro does not, so it looks like it doesn't even have the files necessary for a registry hack.

Actually, if you check this post, the registry does contain the folder CHome:
    Unlocking the Wm6.1 sliding panel secrets - xda-developers

Maybe all we need is a .dll, or even just the manual creation of the registry key. I may try later, but I have to work for a bit. Can someone else give it a try?
    You lock it up..

Quote Originally Posted by fronc View Post
    Actually, if you check this post, the registry does contain the folder CHome:
    Unlocking the Wm6.1 sliding panel secrets - xda-developers

I wasn't talking about the registry folder as I was talking about the folder in file explorer under My Device->Application Data. But if that folder is in the registry then nice. All we need now is the actual program and the files...

Quote Originally Posted by fronc View Post
    DRMB, have you any clue what the "updated vista looks" are by chance? I may start a new thread asking that question, but I don't know if its similar enough to go in this thread..
    To be honest I have no idea about the whole updated vista looks...i'm hoping it doesn't mean perhaps the actual task manager and such, but i assume is has more to do with design (possibly a theme and the sliding interface)

Quote Originally Posted by drmbdrummer View Post
    To be honest I have no idea about the whole updated vista looks...i'm hoping it doesn't mean perhaps the actual task manager and such, but i assume is has more to do with design (possibly a theme and the sliding interface)
    I think this is what you are talking about....VISTA looks....if so this would have been pretty sweet! This could be what they are aiming for in the new WM 7.0 rumors we are hearing....

I want the storm and I want it now!

Well That certainly fits the description of "updated vista looks"... too bad thats not what we GOT.

Well having the registry folder there could be a start. Now, to find someone with WM6.1 Standard to get the home application data folder from.

I honestly don't know why they would leave the interface the same when they changed it for the standard devices. It would be awesome to have the home screen pictured above..
    You lock it up..

another thing to just be aware of, is that it may not be just as easy as adding some reg keys and a folder (though i hope it is). the microsoft website itself talking about WM 6.1 standard as having a "sliding panel home screen" , where as WM 6.1 professional has the "today home screen" (Compare versions of Windows Mobile | Touch Screen & Non-Touch Screen). Now I very well may be wrong but it COULD require some changes to the home/today screen files within the os itself. can anyone confirm this or better yet tell me i'm oh so wrong

thanks.

fronc, in ur post #3 above, the slider is out, but the phone still is in portrait mode. What's up with that? Or did you install the iPhone mercury switch option?

Quote Originally Posted by ste_bran View Post
    fronc, in ur post #3 above, the slider is out, but the phone still is in portrait mode. What's up with that? Or did you install the iPhone mercury switch option?
    Ask Senor Google. He found the pic for me.
    You lock it up..