Closed Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-23-2008
    Posts
    53

    The OFFICIAL WM6.1 Release is Posted

    The Official Release

    Now I'll perform the upgrade

  2. #2
    Registered User MarineDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-21-2007
    Location
    Maple Shade, NJ
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by kpduty View Post
    The Official Release

    Now I'll perform the upgrade
    I can't seem to find the Vista file, just the pdf on how to. Are you/did you use the XP version or the Vista version?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-23-2008
    Posts
    53
    To be honest, I've done nothing yet.

    I was waiting for the official release post on the Samsung website.

    If you look at the release post, the pdf file contains a MISSPELLED link to the page already linked with instructions.

    (Should be www.samsung ... not ww.samsung)

    Unfortunately, the download hyperlinks are still not activated.

    The bottom line, it appears that Samsung is creeping this release to the public and still needs to complete the correct documentation and link access.

    From what I can see; however, it appears the "In the Wild" version will be the official release.

    I myself, am still going to wait until the offical release correctly points to the proper downloads before upgrading. I'm not in any particular hurry, since the differences between 6.0 and 6.1 are minimal in my opinion

  4. #4
    Registered User Myxtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-12-2007
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by kpduty View Post
    To be honest, I've done nothing yet.

    I was waiting for the official release post on the Samsung website.

    If you look at the release post, the pdf file contains a MISSPELLED link to the page already linked with instructions.

    (Should be www.samsung ... not ww.samsung)

    Unfortunately, the download hyperlinks are still not activated.

    The bottom line, it appears that Samsung is creeping this release to the public and still needs to complete the correct documentation and link access.

    From what I can see; however, it appears the "In the Wild" version will be the official release.

    I myself, am still going to wait until the offical release correctly points to the proper downloads before upgrading. I'm not in any particular hurry, since the differences between 6.0 and 6.1 are minimal in my opinion
    Have you tried this while your phone is synced? (connected to your computer)

    I noticed the same thing and checked the source code of the page that had the download link and many things were missing the first letter. I think there might be some kind of check to see if an i760 is connected to your computer first.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-10-2006
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by kpduty View Post
    The Official Release

    Now I'll perform the upgrade

    Is this the same version that has been being implemented already?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-23-2008
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by jismail View Post
    Is this the same version that has been being implemented already?
    It's impossible to confirm if it is, since the link has typo errors and the linked site still does not have any active hyperlinks to the actual download.

    I suspect it will ultimately point to the same download files that have been previously posted; however, as of this post, the "OFFICIAL" release does not point to the actual upgrade executable.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-23-2008
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Myxtyr View Post
    Have you tried this while your phone is synced? (connected to your computer)

    I noticed the same thing and checked the source code of the page that had the download link and many things were missing the first letter. I think there might be some kind of check to see if an i760 is connected to your computer first.
    I don't think so ... I think it is simply slopply "KORENGLISH" translation problems.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-08-2007
    Posts
    308
    Typical. How can a company that is one of the leaders of technology post a link to a PDF that only contains a link? Why not just post the link instead of the PDF??

    These people are so weird!

    Richard

  9. #9
    Registered User zucchero's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-16-2003
    Location
    New Joisey
    Posts
    653
    Examining the .PDF, was anybody able to extract the download link.

    What a moronic company.

    John
    2 things to live by:
    John 8:12a - "I am the light of the world." and
    John 14:1a - "Let not your heart be troubled."

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-25-2007
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by ramiss View Post
    Typical. How can a company that is one of the leaders of technology post a link to a PDF that only contains a link? Why not just post the link instead of the PDF??

    These people are so weird!

    Richard
    Not weird. Process my friend, process. This is just probably a process that they follow. Just as with any big company process must be followed as it is important in keeping things running smoothly. Working for a big company I know that if I don't follow process some weirdo's might not be able to find something. It may look stupid but it's for a reason.

  11. #11
    Moderator iProb8's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-01-2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    3,449
    The link in the first post of this thread only gets you to a PDF file that has a link, which contains a typographical error. It doesn't look like the official release to me. I'm going to close this thread for now.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts