+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WM 6.1 - SMS no longer working correctly?

I use SMS pretty heavily.. and this morning the threaded SMS seemed to be working fine.. but I had several people ask me why I wasn't replying to their messags. Turns out that the Today screen shows I have 9 unread email messages, but when I try to view them in Messaging, it's empty.. no messages appear.

When I try to send myself SMS via vtext.com, it says delivered to handset but I don't get it.

I've tried soft reset, hard reset, *228 options 1 and 2, etc.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I've been getting text messages just fine on 6.1
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Treo 700w -> Samsung SCH-i760 -> Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)

No problems with SMS on my wife's upgraded to 6.1 i760.

I, too have not been able to send or receive texts after the 6.1 update. Any insight into this problem? Thanks.

Mine is fine, but my friend's says he has two unread txt messages but it is empty...

Mine says it has 9 unread SMS messages and it's empty... I did a *228 option 1 after a hard reset again, and now it seems to be fine.. but I lost those 9 messages..

I'm hoping this was just some funk with programming the phone and that this won't be a bug, because for those 9 messages I didn't even get an alert.. I had people calling me asking why I wasn't responding, I did a soft-reset and then there they were, but when I went into messages the SMS inbox was empty. Who knows.

If you're having this problem, try hard reset and *228 opt 1, and send yourself some text messages..

Well, I tried the various resettings and the whole enchilada, but without success. I finally gave vzw a call and the tech blocked, then unblocked my texting service, and I soft resetted the phone. After reprogramming the phone, it I am now able to have full access to texting. Hopes this helps others.

Ok...text is not working again. I am so tired of this...Do you think 6.1 is doing something to tweak with my sms settings? It was working great for a day, then stopped working. Furthermore...a text I sent my girlfriend @ 12pm was recieved at 1:33am!!! Do you guys think the "new" 6.1 software up now on samsung will correct this?

This is VERY perplexing...I was planning on doing a re-upgrade, so I hard resetted my phone...decided to see if texting works, and sure enough...it worked!!! I am assuming there is a program that may be screwing things up...Is this possible???
    Thanks for any help...for now, everything is working...

I was having problems texting after the upgrade. Turned out my phone needed to be reauthenticated. I found this out after calling verizon, and they asked me to make a "test call" to #832. The recording said "we're sorry, we were not able to authenticate your phone". The tech fixed this in like three mins.

Anyone having these odd issues dial that test number and see wha you get.

Quote Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
    I was having problems texting after the upgrade. Turned out my phone needed to be reauthenticated. I found this out after calling verizon, and they asked me to make a "test call" to #832. The recording said "we're sorry, we were not able to authenticate your phone". The tech fixed this in like three mins.

Anyone having these odd issues dial that test number and see wha you get.
    COOL...I will have to try that...But I am wondering why the text would work for a bit, then stop working...
    Also, as I was texting myself while on the phone with VZW, they knew exactly when the text was being sent. So, they said I was sending from my phone, but it never arrived...
    Very wierd...But thanks for sharing your experience.

I've got the same issue. My phone shows I have 3 txts but I have none in the inbox. Not only that but I stopped being able to send and receive texts right after the upgrade. I called Verizon and they did a block/unblock of my phone and the test messages were successful. I then texted my girlfriend and that was successful. Not sure if it is still working or not. I guess we'll wait and see. I want to wait a few days before I put any of my apps back on the phone to make sure it works ok. If not, I may take it back to verizon for a new one.

I have been having the same issue with WM 6.1. I was on the phone with Verizon for 2 hours and they could not figure it out. Now they have esculated it to a higher support who is supposed to get with me in 48-72 hours. Sometimes my text works but sometimes it does not. It seems when it does work that my today screen shows I have several unread messages but none in the inbox. But then after a while it goes away and the text messaging does not work. I have tried having Verizon reauthenticate my phone and that still did not work. I will report back when I hear from Verizon.

On hold with verizon tech support right now. Haven't been able to send/receive a text since last night. Able to receive picture messages and e-mail.

Verizon gave me a case number with samsung. Samsung is recommeding rolling me back to 6.0 and trying the 6.1 upgrade again.

Verizon, Samsung and Microsoft all do not have roms available to download to revert back to 6.0. Samsung tech recommends reverting back to 6.0 and then doing the 6.1 upgrade.

I am going to try to re-upgrade my phone to see if I am able to sms again.

Can't re-upgrade the phone. Software won't allow for a re-install. Says the phone is already updated. Will go to verizon store and get a new phone.

Update:

Can't replace in store, called verizon, they are overnighting another phone to me.
    Last edited by Imakeholesinu; 07-22-2008 at 04:37 PM.

I did a hard reset on mine and it seems to have fixed the problem. I am very cautious mind you, telling people I may or may not get it.. but I am testing a few times a day with my wife's phone back and forth, and it SEEMS to be working.

But it's VERY irritating that I lost those messages. I don't think there would have been a way to retrieve them without going through hell trying to pull the CEMAIL.VOL off the device and manually scanning it.

how do you do a hard reset?

Maybe that is my problem.

So I got my replacement phone today, they were awesome enough to overnight it and waive the fee! It got to the office before I got to my desk this morning. Anyway, activated the phone tested everything to make sure everything worked which it did then I proceeded to do the update. Once the update was complete, I attempted to send a text to no avail. New problem though! This time it was actually giving me an error message that the message could not be sent. Called verizon and spoke with their switch technicans. These are the guys you need to get to I believe to fix the phone. Before, the tech had only done a block/unblock of services on my phone. This time they did a complete rebuild of the features on the phone and it worked.