+ Reply to Thread

Email count is wrong after installing 6.1

Hey guys... hopefully someone can help me out with this.

I finally got my gmail IMAP set up after installing 6.1, but now it says I have 7 unopened emails even thought I don't have any. I know this is because I had 7 unopened when I made a back up of 6.0 before the upgrade and then I used SPB Backup 2.0 to put all my documents and texts back into their correct spots. Well now I can't name my gmail account "Gmail" on the phone because it says there is already an account in that name... which isn't listed under my emails. And I know this is where the 7 unopened emails are. I am fine renaming my gmail account... but I need to find a way to reset the counter (and yes I have tried everything in the registry, but it keeps coming back to adding an extra 7 emails to the actual count).

Is there a way I can delete the emails out of the "Messages" folder, or where on the phone are they stored. I really don't want to lose my text messages, I guess I like having the history there.

So... anyone have a similar problem or know of a fix?

Thanks.

I'm running WM 6.0 so I don't know if it's different, but I have a folder named Inbox.mst299249 which has some other folders in it. Maybe delete those?
    Populus vult decipi, decipiatur.

no i found out they are called "phantom emails"

I found fixes from a few years ago but none of those solutions work.

Currently I have accepted that I am going to have to subtract 7 from my email count.