+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up WM 6.1 Working Third party apps Thread

Like the subject says.

post your known working 6.1 Apps here for those out there wondering if their favorite App will work

please read threw the previous posts to avoid repeating the same conformation of an APP. if you have troubles with one please share that as well.

I will start off with my list (from another posting)
    Programs from 6.0 that work

1. Today's Time (Check )

2. Phone Alarm (Check )

3. Pocket CM (Check )

4. AE button Plus (Check )

5. POCKET NESTER!!!! CHECK!!

all is normal Except better!
    Don't need SDHC or Cody Palm Messaging!

the new S^MSUNG start screen is cooler too!

yahoo Go! 3.0b

Coreplayer 1.2.3

SpbPocket Plus 4.0.2

Opera 8.65

Google maps 2.0.0.12

BT Audio 1.0

MorphGear PocketPC2003/SNEX9xPPC2003

Kabuto 1.0392

Angel Egg

Pocket Artist

Phoenix Studio 1.01

more to come (hopefully)

I got my i760 a couple months ago after a long dispute with Verizon, they finally gave in and gave me a free one. Every time in the past that I've upgraded software it's usually been a battle that lasted for days or weeks. I just wanted to thank Ender519 for his install map (even though I don't use or like Vista), it went super smooth on XP after following some of his tips. Just as a matter of interest, I used SPB Backup and restored all my old stuff and everything works perfectly. Unfortunately some of the new features were lost, so I will rebuild when I get time. I have a couple hundred apps and games on a 4gb card, and so far every single one works fine.

Apps I have installed that so far run flawlessy with my i760 on WM 6.1:

- Esmertec Jbed
    - Opera Mini 4.1
    - S2V (Slide 2 View)
    - AEB Plus
    - Greensoftware AlarmClock
    - The GS Getfile dialog changer
    - ICS (Internet Connection Sharing, for tethering your phone as a modem for free)
    - MP3 Trimmer (for making ringtones, from the HTC Diamond)
    - Quickmenu (technically doesn't install, just a stand alone .exe)
    - SPB Phone Suite
    - SPB Pocket Plus
    - SPB Backup
    - TodayAgenda
    - Weather Panel
    - Slick IM
    - TCPMP with the Skunkworks Flash Video Plugin

Apps that I don't 'install' anymore, I just leave the programs on my memory card and make shortcuts from the .exe's to the Start Menu after doing any hard reset. All tested and working fine WITHOUT installing on WM 6.1!:

- Adobe Reader LE
    - Adobe Flash Lite
    - BTaudio (for listening to music through a BT earpiece)
    - Cleartemp
    - Googlemaps
    - Handyshopper
    - KeepRecordin'
    - MS Live Search
    - My Calculator
    - Oxios Memory (for freeing up RAM)
    - PHM Regedit
    - Pocket RAR
    - SK Tools Lite
    - Total Commander
    - WM Torrent
    - Morphgear
    - PicoDrive
    - PocketNester

Does tethering work vis USBModem?

SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.0
    SPB Finance 2.8.0
    SPB Backup 2.0.1
    Dinarsoft MemMaid 2.3

RWC
    Member Vast Right Wing Conspiracy RWC's Avatar
    SPB - Pocket Plus
    Windoze Live Search
    Ewallet
    PocketTV

I'm having issues with Fizz Weather 2.4. The app installs correctly and updates correctly, in fact it seems to work perfectly until you do a reset on the phone. On a reboot I get a "No Language Dat" error and the phone freezes. It can only be overcome by a hard reset. It has happened all 3 times I installed it.

Update: I was installing app on the SD card whick worked with WM 6.0 but not on WM 6.1. Installing it on the device worked.
    Last edited by paperbag1; 07-18-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Update
    Thanks,
    Phil

s2u2
    htc home 2
    live search
    tcpmp

Pocket Informant
    Pocket Breeze
    Contact Breeze
    Sirius WM5
    Resco Explorer
    Core Music Player
    Softmaker Office
    Mem Maid
    Ultimate Launch
    rlToday

MortPlayer
    Oggsync
    Pocket Xpdf
    Kevtris2
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

luca_bras1, what version of Ketris2 are you using? I can't get mine to install, I click the cab, I say Yes to allow it to run and it immediately says the install failed.

And since this thread is about what does and doesn't work:

Working on 6.1:
    HandySwitcher
    Audio Notes Touch
    BeeJiveIM
    Call Block
    Chronos
    Face Contact
    HandyShopper
    iContact
    LiveCast
    MyMobiler
    PhoneAlarm
    PhonTuner
    Pocket Quicken
    Resco Backup
    Resco Radio
    S2p
    S2V
    SMS Chat
    ThumbCal

Programs that didn't work:
    Kevtris2
    MagicCall (so I switched to CallBlock)

My Slingplayer Mobile application works perfectly. I'm actually beginning to think it works BETTER. (May have to do with upgraded radios giving me higher bandwidth)
    You lock it up..

Does anyone know if WM5torage works? I could really use this app now that my SD card reader has died on me.

FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: WM5torage v1.8

I installed Kevtris via cab to my storage card - d-loaded from here: Kevtris

Try re-downloading maybe?

* Using WM5torage right now - seems to be working - what a useful thing - I'll report back if anything bad happens. OMG no more dealing with AS just to transfer files (or having to remove the card). Why can't this be built into the device? If this could sync Calendar/Tasks/Contacts I'd boot AS right out the door.

** @ below -Yeah, I knew about it before, but was wary of it. I'm so happy - ever since my reader died I've been having to transfer audio/video files via ActiveSync which is no fun.

Small problem with SPB Pocket Plus - every so often several of the Today Plugin icons are shown as a default generic icon. It's easy enough to get the item's icon back by decreasing and the increasing the icon's size. Just an odd bug which may be unrelated to the update (although it never happened to me before)

Protip: To d-load from the site where WM5torage lives just get a login from bugmenot
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 07-18-2008 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    Does anyone know if WM5torage works? I could really use this app now that my SD card reader has died on me.

FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: WM5torage v1.8

I installed Kevtris via cab to my storage card - d-loaded from here: Kevtris

Try re-downloading maybe?

* Using WM5torage right now - seems to be working - what a useful thing - I'll report back if anything bad happens. OMG no more dealing with AS just to transfer files (or having to remove the card). Why can't this be built into the device? If this could sync Calendar/Tasks/Contacts I'd boot AS right out the door.
    I've been using WM5Storage. Works great. I had to use it since I bought a 4gb SDHC card and my card reader wouldn't read it. Thank goodness for this tiny application that works like a charm.
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Treo 700w -> Samsung SCH-i760 -> Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)

luca_bras1,

Thanks, that link to Kevtris installed just fine.

I'm confused why I would need WM5torage. When I connect my phone to my PC via the USB cable, I can browse my storage card via Windows Explorer. How is WM5torage any different?

Regarding the Default Icons in SPB PP, I was seeing the same thing in Ultimate Launcher but only on apps that are installed to the card. It's like UL starts before the card is mounted after a soft reset. That has since stopped...but after EVERY reset of the phone WinMo states a Storage Card has been inserted and asks if I want to view the images. Sorta driving me nuts....

Quote Originally Posted by rckymtnrfc View Post
    luca_bras1,

Thanks, that link to Kevtris installed just fine.

I'm confused why I would need WM5torage. When I connect my phone to my PC via the USB cable, I can browse my storage card via Windows Explorer. How is WM5torage any different?

Regarding the Default Icons in SPB PP, I was seeing the same thing in Ultimate Launcher but only on apps that are installed to the card. It's like UL starts before the card is mounted after a soft reset. That has since stopped...but after EVERY reset of the phone WinMo states a Storage Card has been inserted and asks if I want to view the images. Sorta driving me nuts....
    You can definitely browse using windows explorer, however if you transfer files into your storage card using that, ActiveSync takes over and does the transfer. This is incredibly slow, and sometimes fails with large files.

With WM5Storage, it basically turns your phone into a removeable storage device, acting just like a flash drive when you connect the phone. ActiveSync doesn't even know your phone is connected when you activate the program. Transfer run MUCH faster this way too.

Yes it is a huge help. I am constantly adding podcasts, music and video files. I used to pull out the card and use a reader but this is infinitely more convenient and just as fast (as far as I can tell). For small files AS is fine.

You run this app and set your SD to"active" and when you plug it in Windows sees it as a USB drive.

*well ... not quite as fast, but around USB 1.1 speeds which screams compared to AS (also it seems 1 item at a time is the way to go)

** Option to refresh all tabs resets the icons
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 07-20-2008 at 07:57 PM.

Upgraded to WM6.1 yesterday, and had no problems. I have Sprite Backup but chose to do fresh install of only the apps l use regularly.

1. Astraware Suduko 1.4.0
    2. AutoFlight 5.3.0
    3. Esmertec Jbed 20070802.2.1
    4. Gentimer 2.0
    5. Ilium Screen Capture 1.1
    6. InClose Mobile 5.0
    7. MyMobiler 1.23
    8. Notepad Mobile 3.2.0
    9. Opera Mini 4.1
    10. PHM Registry Editor 0.7.0
    11. PIM Backup 2.8.0.0
    12. Pocket Player 3.6
    13. Pointui Home 1.5a
    14. Splash ID 4.1
    15. Sprite Backup 6.1.0

Magic Button - installed but does not seem to work with as many apps now, I will probably be looking for another app to close applications. - Update - Found InClose Mobile as a replacement has been working great for a month now.

I will not be reinstalling SkyFire browser.
    Last edited by noseph; 08-29-2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Added InClose Mobile 5.0 and PIM Backup 2.8.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Upgraded to WM6.1 yesterday, and had no problems. I have Sprite Backup but chose to do fresh install of only the apps l use regularly.

1. Astraware Suduko 1.4.0
    2. AutoFlight 5.3.0
    3. Esmertec Jbed 20070802.2.1
    4. Gentimer 2.0
    5. MyMobiler 1.23
    6. Notepad Mobile 3.2.0
    7. Opera Mini 4.1
    8. PHM Registry Editor 0.7.0
    9. Pocket Player 3.6
    10. Pointui Home 1.5a
    11. Splash ID 4.1
    12. Sprite Backup 6.1.0

Magic Button - installed but does not seem to work with as many apps now, I will probably be looking for another app to close applications.

I will not be reinstalling SkyFire browser.
    Skyfire works fine with 6.1. At least for me.