+ Reply to Thread

Slow slide out keyboard

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. My slide out keyboard is really slow, as it was with 6.0 and now with 6.1. With WM 6.1 is doesn't miss any of the letters anymore but I can be finished typing a sentance and I have to wait a couple seconds for it to catch up. The only things I have installed are spb backup and cloudyfa, schapps advanced configurator.

Thanks for any help.

I've had the same problem... I just figured everyone had to deal with it... that's the only thing I hate about this phone... the reaction time from the keyboard sucks!

yeah it drives me crazy, sometimes, expecially today it is ridiculously slow. I'm going to hard reset and just not install much. I think it was either the schapps advanced or pocket plus. When I first finished 6.1 update it was keeping up.

coleslaw
    if you go in and disable word completion it will speed it up a little bit....still a known issue with this device.

Mine is super slow to light-up after 6.1 upgrade, and that is a necessity a night

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see how it goes after turning off word completion.

I have this problem as well and I am far from a fast texter like the younger generation. But still, when I finish a sentence and hit the return key and keep typing, the letters from the next sentence get entered before the return! Now I have to go back to correct it. So it is not just slow but ends up screwing up the typing. Are you guys experiencing this as well? I really hoped 6.1 would fix it as it seems like one of the fixes that was mentioned and is the only reason I did the upgrade. Any ideas?

mine just periodically misses a letter...but thats probably just because I have a light touch (bassist fingers, you know).

Otherwise I have had little issue with it.

Bad Verizon, No Cookie!
    I have started purging my word complete list every time it starts doing that as well as a soft reset after to make sure.

Had the same issues with the xv6800 as well. It is a 6.1 problem.
    Touch Pro 2 - 6.1 Stock ROM - Verizon Wireless