+ Reply to Thread

Opera Mobile 9.5 Beta Released

engadget article - Opera Mobile 9.5 beta released into the wilds - Engadget

It's only for Pocket PC's right now and will have flash in the future. Looks pretty sweet.

Pages designed for the Iphone look fantastic on this browser! I just tried the iphone google reader - it's like it was designed for my phone. If only I can make it report that it's an iphone so it'll use iphone formatted pages when available...

Thanks for the heads up.
    I think I will stick with mini

I downloaded this last night and it's awesome. Fast and stable. No flash but that will come. If you're looking for a very decent browser this is it.

I would recommend getting the modded SD cab because the cashe fills up crazy fast, causing memory issues. It's just as fast as it was when installed on the device and no mem use issues whatsoever.

(the modded cab is over at xda devs... don't have access to the thread right now)

EDIT: here you go -> *July-17-08* Official Opera 9.5.1 Build 1718 Beta - Updated Modded Diamond Skin - xda-developers
    Last edited by intellax; 07-17-2008 at 11:40 AM.

eh... I'm not so impressed just yet. maybe when it supports flash. As it is right now, Opera Mini is WAAAAAAY faster, and far less of a memory hog.
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Treo 700w -> Samsung SCH-i760 -> Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)

For those of you who have tried this and are a SkyFire beta tester, what's the verdict?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    For those of you who have tried this and are a SkyFire beta tester, what's the verdict?
    opera will def be better when it supports flash.

beware the latest opera mobile beta build guys...

read the last few pages of that XDA thread... apparently the latest beta is VERY buggy.

I thought the opera mobile that was ripped from the htc diamond was okay... just way too much of a memory hog, and kinda slow. Opera mini blows it away in almost every regard except the lack of tabbed browsing.

wow. this is the most retarded thing. Apparently when I run opera 9.5 beta and exit out of it, it's turning off notifications for emails, text messages and reminders. I have no idea why it's doing this. Has anyone else noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by thaibruin View Post
    wow. this is the most retarded thing. Apparently when I run opera 9.5 beta and exit out of it, it's turning off notifications for emails, text messages and reminders. I have no idea why it's doing this. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Several posts on the Opera forums about this.

Mark
    WM 6.1/PocketBreeze/PocketWeather/iLauncher/PhoneWeaver

Quote Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
    beware the latest opera mobile beta build guys...

I thought the opera mobile that was ripped from the htc diamond was okay... just way too much of a memory hog, and kinda slow. Opera mini blows it away in almost every regard except the lack of tabbed browsing.
    I agree that mini is much better, at least for now. I do find the beta a bit better for me than the Diamond versions out there. I suspect that Opera would have liked to wait a bit more but unless they thought they would blow up somebody's device they really needed to get this out.

Mark
    WM 6.1/PocketBreeze/PocketWeather/iLauncher/PhoneWeaver

Quote Originally Posted by thaibruin View Post
    I was trying to figure out what was causing this. Also keeps changing my default SIP.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Alan