Closed Thread

Limits of micro sdhc on i760? 16G?, 32G? More?

I realize that micro sdhc card above 8G are mostly dreams at this point (I think there is a 12G now?), but it's only a matter of time before there are larger cards.

Does anyone know the limits of the i760 and/or WM 6.1?

Still waiting to hear reports. I did read somehwere in here that someone used a 6gb with no problems. I personally am waiting to hear of someone using 8gb with no problems.
    Samsung SCH-i760 w/ Mobile 6.1 MR3

From what was explained to me, and i could be mistaken, but the memory is supported all the way up to a 32 gig. The micro sd cards themselves though would not be able to reach larger memories because of the way they are formatted. Essentially, this would mean that the phone would max out at 32 gigs, but because of the card limitations, not the phone.
    If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me, or email me on my personal account. nathan.burlison@gmail.com
    Also, please feel free to call me at my store anytime, (314) 291-8699. Just ask for me.

Nate

Spoke too soon. Just read in Has the jury reached a verdict? Re: 6GB & 8GB Cards on WM6.1
    that 8gb works too.
    Samsung SCH-i760 w/ Mobile 6.1 MR3

That may not be entirely accurate. rynoondew reported here and here that while he could save and access files with the 8GB card, that WMP would not recognize it.

More testing and feedback may be in order to see exactly what works and what doesn't with these cards.

if you go to the samsung website they will let you know. 2gb is the highest according to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse487 View Post
    if you go to the samsung website they will let you know. 2gb is the highest according to them.
    That was before the 6.1 update.

Quote Originally Posted by sp00t View Post
    That was before the 6.1 update.
    oh forreal? well as soon as it updates i'll switch. it's being annoying cuz it won't load.

Let's limit discussion of SDHC cards to the thread referenced in post #4 above, please.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)