+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Registered User Myxtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-12-2007
    Posts
    28

    Urgent! WM6.1 Upgrade & TCPMP

    I use TCPMP daily to monitor my kids on my home security cameras. Tonight I upgraded to WM6.1 and everything went perfect, Thanks Samsung. But now when I install TCPMP, after a reset, it will not start. I get an error that says something about a file called "crash.txt". I downloaded the most recent version I could find. I have installed a few other programs already.

    SPB Pocket Plus
    Marsware weather panel (been having more problems lately)
    MS Live Search
    SPB icons 70

    I would really appreciate some suggestions.

    By the way I did try to search on "TCPMP" & WM6.1" but got NO results!

    I'm sorry if this was covered somewhere else.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-28-2006
    Posts
    15
    I installed TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03.CAB and it's running with 6.1 update. I got it from TCPMP for WM6.1 Build 19202 and higher - xda-developers I could not get it to work with youtube.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-23-2008
    Posts
    53
    This works for me:

    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

    Version 03 noted above did not work for me (movies loaded then the app quit).

    Version 01 above works great even WITH youtube (Flashbundle needed ... you can get the PROPER Flashbundle from TreoCentral)

    Good luck.
    Last edited by kpduty; 07-17-2008 at 09:43 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User Myxtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-12-2007
    Posts
    28
    Thanks, I also found that. actually what worked for me was a hard reset and loading TCPMP first,

    EDIT: Mods delete this post. I forgot TCPMP does not initiate a data session.
    Last edited by Myxtyr; 07-17-2008 at 09:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-20-2007
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Myxtyr View Post
    I use TCPMP daily to monitor my kids on my home security cameras. Tonight I upgraded to WM6.1 and everything went perfect, Thanks Samsung. But now when I install TCPMP, after a reset, it will not start. I get an error that says something about a file called "crash.txt". I downloaded the most recent version I could find. I have installed a few other programs already.

    SPB Pocket Plus
    Marsware weather panel (been having more problems lately)
    MS Live Search
    SPB icons 70

    I would really appreciate some suggestions.

    By the way I did try to search on "TCPMP" & WM6.1" but got NO results!

    I'm sorry if this was covered somewhere else.
    Can you describe how you use TCPMP to view the video?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-23-2008
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Can you describe how you use TCPMP to view the video?

    If you have the CORRECT version of TCPMP and the correct FLASHBUNDLE, it is quite easy to automatically play full youtube videos:

    In the 1st thumbnail (Screen01.bmp), there are three important things to know:

    1. You MUST use PIE to access the Youtube
    2. You MUST access the "non-mobile" website, not the m.youtube site
    3. You MUST Briefly tap on the movie icon you wish to watch to have the play video menu pop up.

    The 2nd thumbnail (Screen02.bmp), shows that TCPMP is automatically executed and the video is played.

    It's that simple....
    Attached Images

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-29-2007
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Myxtyr View Post
    I use TCPMP daily to monitor my kids on my home security cameras.
    Wow! Speechless.

  8. #8
    Registered User BacardiGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-29-2005
    Posts
    66

    Still not working for me

    Have tried and tried. Would be great to have a sticky for this that showed the way other users have solved it. I have tried 5 different responses and they are all very different - still nothing works.
    BacardiGuy - Samsung i760 (i730 RIP) - WM6.1, 16 GB Sandisk MicroSD, Motorola S9 A2DP headphones, Slingplayer, Phone Alarm, Tom Tom Navigator, PocketMusic, Stowaway keyboard and mouse, MemMaid, SPB Backup, Newsbreak, Coreplayer, SBSH Weather, Audible, Lotus Mobility Client, Lotus Traveler, Pocket Quicken, eWallet, Pocket Breeze, Pocket Informant, Voice Command

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-17-2008
    Posts
    3
    has anyone found a foolproof way for tcmp to work? i've tried many different ways as well, and i still get the crash.txt.

  10. #10
    Registered User BacardiGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-29-2005
    Posts
    66
    I found that shelling out 29.95 for The Core Player is the fool proof way of getting it to work. Could not do without my Podcasts from Newsbreak and CorePlayer did the trick with some really nice features that are not in the TCPMP version. I will not go back to TCPMP even if our group figures it out.
    BacardiGuy - Samsung i760 (i730 RIP) - WM6.1, 16 GB Sandisk MicroSD, Motorola S9 A2DP headphones, Slingplayer, Phone Alarm, Tom Tom Navigator, PocketMusic, Stowaway keyboard and mouse, MemMaid, SPB Backup, Newsbreak, Coreplayer, SBSH Weather, Audible, Lotus Mobility Client, Lotus Traveler, Pocket Quicken, eWallet, Pocket Breeze, Pocket Informant, Voice Command

  11. #11
    Registered User Myxtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-12-2007
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Can you describe how you use TCPMP to view the video?
    Sorry Terrapin I have not checked this forum for a couple days.

    I actually found the info in a Linksys forum. You need to enter the URL of the streaming video file from your web server into the TCPMP open/file. for example.

    http://"your_public_IP"/img/video.asf

    Note this is for a Linksys camera, yours may be different. You will also have to settup your router to map port 80 to the local IP of your camera. If you have more than 1 camera, you will need to open a port for each one. Ports 1024 and 8080 are common ports for http. You can pull up the other cameras by adding the router port number to the URL. For example.

    http://"your_public_IP":1024/img/video.asf

    I hope this helps you out. Keep in mind that if you don't already have a data session open TCPMP will return an error.
    Last edited by Myxtyr; 07-23-2008 at 06:07 PM.

  12. #12
    PFM
    PFM is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-12-2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by BacardiGuy View Post
    I found that shelling out 29.95 for The Core Player is the fool proof way of getting it to work. Could not do without my Podcasts from Newsbreak and CorePlayer did the trick with some really nice features that are not in the TCPMP version. I will not go back to TCPMP even if our group figures it out.
    I'd be willing to pay but can't seem to get the CorePlayer.com site to respond. (IT LOOKS LIKE THE SITE IS WORKING NOW)

    Does the product work with 6.1? Is it supported? Where did you purchase it?

    Thanks,

    -PFM
    Last edited by PFM; 07-24-2008 at 09:10 AM.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-18-2006
    Posts
    12
    I agree. The Coreplayer is the way to go. No one has made mention of the poor quality of playing youtube videos through PIE. It sounds awful. I use YouTube Pocket just like before with WM 6.0. The only complaint if have isn't with Coreplayer but with PIE not fully rendering the ytpocket screen where you choose the videos. None of the thumbs appear and many have no text.

    I got no response from Core support either, so I downloaded a torrent for it. Works great. I highly recommend it.

  14. #14
    Pretty Good Member
    Join Date
    10-23-2007
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by kpduty View Post
    If you have the CORRECT version of TCPMP and the correct FLASHBUNDLE, it is quite easy to automatically play full youtube videos:

    In the 1st thumbnail (Screen01.bmp), there are three important things to know:

    1. You MUST use PIE to access the Youtube
    2. You MUST access the "non-mobile" website, not the m.youtube site
    3. You MUST Briefly tap on the movie icon you wish to watch to have the play video menu pop up.

    The 2nd thumbnail (Screen02.bmp), shows that TCPMP is automatically executed and the video is played.

    It's that simple....
    Are you using this on WM 6.1? I'm also using Version 01 and the FlashVideoBundle.CAB from Treo Central but won't play videos from the YouTube non-mobile site. Says I need a flash upgrade. Makes me wish I didn't upgrade to WM 6.1. Version 01 plays videos previously downloaded from YouTube but Version 02 and 03 don't even do that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts