+ Reply to Thread

Anyone having issues with Palringo on WM6.1??

I used to be able to save my login info. Now it refuses to save and I have to login everything. Anyone else have this issue?

working fine for me do you have the latest Palringo release dated 4/29.08 under the about section of the client?

Palringo worked fine for me also until i removed it,now when my phone starts i get a wonderful error message that it kind find the program. i have never used a registry app before does someone know of one i can use to make that go away?

did they ever fix the today screen icon (meaning get rid of it)? i switched to jivetalk for this reason, but i think palringo went easier on my battery, so if the today screen icon is gone i might switch back.

This is more of a Palringo general question than anything to do with 6.1 ... but does anybody have success with Palringo staying alive when the phone sleeps/wakes up? I had the same issues with Octro Talk. They both say you can stay signed in (minimize the application, but still receive messages), but whenever the phone sleeps, the app always crashes upon wake up. Am I doing something wrong?

I manual put my phone is sleep and it stays active after I wake it up

The issue I have had with Palringo is that when it is running, it won't let the phone go to sleep automatically. The backlight dims on time, but the screen never shuts off completely.

As far as the error message you get after uninstalling the app, be sure that before you uninstall it, you disable the 'automatically start with Windows' or however it is worded option. The error is because the shortcut still exists in your startup folder telling Windows to run that program on boot, but the exe is no longer present.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    I manual put my phone is sleep and it stays active after I wake it up
    That's what I do, too, but when I wake it up, Palringo is usually dead. And then I can't even kill it in Task Manager.

It will freeze, but after about 30 seconds will start back up. If I don't feel like waiting, I can open up my start menu and get to task manager to close it.