+ Reply to Thread

Text Message Timeout!?!

I have a little bit of an annoying problem with my i760. A few of the places I need to be a lot.. my office.. my house.. have lower reception. So.. If I send text messages I constantly get errors telling me my phone couldn't send my message. So I need to go back into drafts and keep resending until it goes.

I need to do this many times a day and it drives me nuts. Is there any way I can increase the time out or disable the timeout on sending entirely? It would be nice if I could force my phone to continue trying to send for at least a few minutes..

Any suggestions?!

Same for me... I really wish there was an automatic retry or something.

Might not be exactly what you are looking for but after upgrading to WinMo 6.1, when a txt message fails, it asks if you want to retry.

Yeah, at least that part is better, it'd just be nice to do it automatically. I remember on the xv6700 there was a "Text Message Retry" program or something.... although I don't know if it worked.

I'm upgrading in prolly 10 -15 min i think.. Just need to get everything set. We shall see how she runs soon i guess..

I went ahead and updated to 6.1 last night. Took me a while to reinstall all my apps and get things set up how I wanted them. My girlfriend texted me in the middle of the setup and I got my first taste of the threaded texts.. Decent but I wish I had more control over the display. I'll have to try the resend feature..

I'm curious to see if my phones performance has improved. I noticed slightly better signal around home last night. I also noticed a hell of a lot more speed. Cross my fingers that the phone continues to scream!

Since I updated to 6.1 I've had far fewer problems with text messages. Seems to work better!

Another update..

6.1's resend feature is nice. Had to use it once now. I'm actually kinda surprised that my service has actually gotten better since I updated. Not sure if my phone was just screwy to begin with or if the update really helped. Oh well.. It's working better that's all that matters!!

when you say 6.1 resend feature, as in just having to press the text to resend, or autoresend?