+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pim.Vol

Pim.Vol

I upgraded to 6.1 and my contacts did not save through wireless sync. but i have a copy of my pim.vol, how can i restore my contacts,etc. with this file, everytime i overwrite it in the root folder the contacts never show up.

Nope, old pim.vol is TOAST with a ROM upgrade. Happened to me too when I did a ROM update on my Q. Used to be on a hard reset, restoring the pim.vol restored my contacts but once the ROM updated, no dice. Had to re-enter all of them and backup a new pim.vol. I didn't mind because my phone is probably on it's last update anyway.
    Last edited by dima; 07-18-2008 at 08:44 PM.

NOT TRUE .... I copied Pim,vol to the micro sd card before upgrading from WM 6.0 to WM 6.1 After 6.1 was installed I renamed the Pim.vol on 6.1 to Pim1.vol copied and pasted the backup copy from the micro sd and pasted it to the Root File (Devce Folder), soft reset the phone and ALL my contacts were right there (750-800 of them). Then I deleted the Pim1.vol
    Tom

PS ... I have found Activesync to be HIGHLY unreliable, duplicates and omissions its a real nightmare with 783 contacts plus appointments birthdays etc EVERY time I make any change to the Calander or Contact file (Pim.vol) on my phone ... I make a backup copy to my sd card.
    And on that note also Voice Signal WILL NOT work for me with that many contacts (I tried a Q9C)

is there anyway to test it out on my current phone? (i'm getting a replacement tomorrow...)

i do see a pim file but it has no extension.. location is start/file explorer/my device/pim so right when i open file explorer i can see the pim file.. it's located under "my device"

is this the right pim?

well I used PIMBackup to backup my PIM information and restore it across OS upgrades... I used to got from my WM5 i730 to my WM6 i760... I plan on doing the same when I get the time to take the plunge to WM6.1.. Just incase there any changes to the PIM.vol data structure. Also it will backup texts, call history.. etc.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705
    or
    Dotfred's Space

Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

It worked for me... used the same pim.vol from wm6. Didn't do any renaming just replaced pim.vol on wm6.1. At first the contacts didn't show up... but all i did was a soft-reset and everything showed up in icontacts.

yeah, a simple copy and paste worked for me too after my soft reset...

that is huge help!!!! i was worried, cause not only did i get a replacement but i went ahead and upgraded...