+ Reply to Thread

Vista 32Bit Looks?

So i got updated to 6.1 without any problems on the first try and i really like the new sms but i dont get what the Vista 32Bit Looks are that are stated on the samsung update page here

</title> <META content="Product Support" name=title /> <META content="Product Support" name=kewords /> <META content="Find world class Product Support information here." name=description /> <META content="" name=date SHEME="ISO-8601" /> <META content

it says "Windows Mobile 6.1 includes new features such as Threaded SMS, Domain Enrollment, and updated “Vista 32bit” looks."

how do i get my homescreen to look like it is on the microsoft site for windows mobile 6.1? Frequently asked questions about Windows Mobile 6.1

I see an option for windows mobile 6.1 theme in the today settings but it doesnt change much just makes the theme green.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowboarder86 View Post

how do i get my homescreen to look like it is on the microsoft site for windows mobile 6.1? Frequently asked questions about Windows Mobile 6.1

Get a device running WM 6.1 WITHOUT a touch screen.

Those of us fortunate enough to have a touch screen device, unfortunately missed out on the "new looks".

If you shop around a bit though, there are several WM 6.1 tweeks and third party apps that can make your screens look however you want.

Try this: Vista Style 5 Theme | Windows Mobile Themes

It's a free theme that has a vista look to it, so I use this one.

The two differences I've noticed with the "Windows Mobile 6.1" theme compared to all the rest are:

1. The "Start" Bar up at the top is solid, appearing flat instead of a glossy 3D.

2. If you press the "down" key and hilight your clock, your calendar, your message center, etc., you will notice that the text of the selected item has turned lime green. In previous themes, the text stayed the same color.It is a minor difference from most (if not all) WM6 themes. I have yet to see a WM6 theme that can do that.

Do I think this qualifies as "Updated Vista Looks"? Absolutely not. But this is the only change I see.
    You lock it up..