+ Reply to Thread

Just curious... anyone using Minimo (Mozilla's PPC web browser)

I've never seen anyone mention this browser on the forums and was just wondering.

I have tried most of the "popular" browsers...

- PIE with PIEPlus and SPB pocket plus plugins
    - Netfront 3.5
    - Opera Mobile 9 Beta
    - Opera Mini 4.1

So far, Opera mini is by far the best, IMO. But now I see Mozilla has this Minimo available... but no one has ever talked about it. I will download it and try it but wanted to see if there were any impressions out there.

I saw it but never gave it a try. My understanding is it's pretty lame and lackluster. They are currently working on a Firefox Mobile - Fennac - which I will immediatly switch to the day they have a public beta. Wish my skyfire invite would come, would be nice to try that out in the mean time :/

Hmm

I used it a long while ago, posted something about it in the i730 forum but yea it sucked bad. I wonder when they're going to do it right. Skyfires great EXCEPT in regards to security because they apparently monitor your activity so I don't use it to log into anything, just youtube, Myspace profiles, multimedia like in Embedded audio and video, etc.. Opera Mini is great but no tabs, love the bookmark synching..Opera mobile I use the most, but I wonder when Netfront is going to add flash to their beta.
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

I'm looking forward to Firefox Mobile for sure. Minimo didn't do it for me and neither does SkyFire. It's PIE+ for me at the moment.

it

is

re al ly

s l o w

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    I'm looking forward to Firefox Mobile for sure. Minimo didn't do it for me and neither does SkyFire. It's PIE+ for me at the moment.

Really? What turned you off from Skyfire you think?
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

Heh yeah I tried Minimo today and yes it was very... very slow. Rediculously. So... I will still and again be sticking with Opera Mini. Nothing so far has come close to this... I keep hearing about Skyfire but it get's such mixed reviews.

As far as Youtube... I'm over the whole need to have a browser that can stream youtube inline. Between using PIE with TCPMP and the Skunkworks flash bundle, and now using vTap which is really a sweet little app for streaming vids from many of the top flash vid sites as well.. I feel that we are pretty well covered when it comes to watching youtube vids. There are OTHER sites that have me wishing for flash support, to be sure... more for little flash games or sites with embedded java applets that won't run right on any current browser that I've tried, but they are few and far between.

Well, sooner or later, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick_7 View Post
    Really? What turned you off from Skyfire you think?
    The #1 turnoff was that I found it to be SLOW. Long startup time. I didn't like the GUI either. PIE+ just works for me!