+ Reply to Thread
    i760, my first pda phone!

Archiving Text Messages

Does anyone know how I can backup/archive the text messages on my i760 into Outlook 2007?

Help

Anyone please?

I don't want to install windows mobile 6.1 if I'm going to loose my text messages.

i would rather tight mine than loose them, but....

I don't know of any way to do so, nor know any app that will for you.

You can archive them with Dashwire, but it doesn't import them back onto your phone. You'd have to use their website to read them. Not sure exactly what you're looking for. Check out Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: Dashwire

Get PIM Backup (Freeware)... [NEW] PIM Backup v2.8 [NEW] - xda-developers

Used it to backup and restore all my contacts and text messages before switching to 6.1 (works great, stand alone program, no installer, even restored my contacts pictures).

You can choose what to backup, so just do your text messages and for options tell it not to compress or use binary. I think it puts in a comma-delimited text file you can clean up after that.

Thanks everyone! This is just what I needed to know. So installing 6.1 does reset the phone completely I'm assuming?

Yes it does save them but when used PIM backup, since the new threaded SMS in 6.1 they are put as the title and not as the message.

Yeah so I backed up the text messages and did the 6.1 update. Update went smoothly, but when I restored the text messages, the sender and receiver were messed up in most of the "conversations." I don't know how to fix this. I guess it's better than nothing.