+ Reply to Thread

Angry Ringtone Keeps Reseting

Phone: i760, WM 6, Verizon

I did a search on my issue but didn't see any threads that seemed to address this, set me straight if I am wrong. Here goes:

I like the ring-standard ringtone. So I set it to that in the notification setting, and I think I am setting it properly. It works fine for a while, then I notice it changes to the Ring- Windows Mobile selection out of the blue. I tried to correlate it to something I was doing, and found it did this after using the toggle switch to turn on vibrate and mute, and then back to ring: and then also it reset after letting the phone power-off and then powering it on. But it is not consistent in this, sometimes I cannot make it change itself. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Anyone.....

I've asked 3 times, no answer.
    Same problem.

maybe you guys should list your apps -- i guess we know it's not specific to one winmo.
    Kyo 6035, Kyo 7165, Sammy i730, i760, i730, HTC xv6800, i760
    Ita erat quando hic adveni

phone alarm (latest version)
    Windows Mobile 6.1

ringtone

I have the same problem. When I upgraded to 6.1, I was hoping it would go away. It has not. Now I can't change ringtones at all. I get a corrupt message for each one.

I am running pocket informant; spb shell, diary, weather, and time.

I hope someone has an answer.

any ideas??

I am still using WM 6. I downloaded and tried Phone Alarm yesterday and so far it seems to be working as a work-around. I can set my ringer, say to ring-standard, and it is staying that way, even after scrwing around with the toggle switch, soft-resets, and using profiles in Phone Alarm.

Hmm, should not have to do this but I hated the ringer it kept reseting to.

I had a less than optimal upgrade experience; I need to got to that post and do awrite-up, so its WM 6 for now.

vibrate settings issue?

I have been attempting to figure the cause of my problem by eliminating programs I installed on my phone. In doing so, I noticed that when I set SPB shell to have the phone to only vibrate, it causes my ringer to change and not work. I need to experiment with this some more to make sure that is the cause, but I am wondering if having the phone set to ring and vibrate does not mesh with the SPB Shell just vibrate command. You might also check to see if your phone alarm settings are causing the same problem.

Never did get this problem resolved. Now using phoneAlarm v2.10 and still have the same issue.
    I set my ringer to a custom WAV in the WM6.1 control panel, and to the same custom wave in phonealarm.

Annoying.

yeah So I belive this to be A PA issue!

Quote Originally Posted by slosho View Post
    yeah So I belive this to be A PA issue!
    I don't have PA, but do have the problem. It has been more frequent lately requiring soft-resets to get my ringtone back (Bell2 - Increasing Ring).

I've had the i760 for over a year and I suspect this may be the kind of declining stability I experienced after a year with the i730.
    HTC Touch Pro 2, Samsung i760, i730, Kyocera 7135, 6035

911 rememberance link below

http://inlibertyandfreedom.com/flash/heroes.swf

DEDICATED TO ALL AMERICANS

"WE WILL NEVER FORGET"