+ Reply to Thread

cannot sync with two computers after wm6.1??

i've noticed that after the 6.1 upgrade.. i am not able to sync with two computers. it gives me an error code and cannot sync with two computers... i sync with my home computer and my work computer for mostly calendar and contacts.. any help or suggestions? please help.. this is really annoying.....

I am having the same issues. First off I renamed my pim.vol then synced at home with no issues. The next sync at work worked fine. It seemed to combine the items as you would expect. The next sync at home I got the error again. I opened Activesync>>Tools>> Options and deselected Calendar, allowing only Contacts to sync. They synced correctly. After they finished I then went back and selected the Calendar. The Calendar synced fine and now there are no errors with everything synced. The real test will be tomorrow at work to see if there are any issues there. Hope this helps you.
    Thanks,
    Phil

I have this problem as well. Actually, I had it in the past also and managed to fix it using the method described in post 48 of this thread

Hope it helps!

i'm sorry but i don't understand.... where do we go to find that hkcu.. and hklm...?

I personally have had a lot of problems trying to sync to 2 computers...and you can fix issues by deleting contacts, etc., but it can be painful if you have many contacts and appointments.

i just re-installed my active sync and hard reset the i760... gonna re-install active sync at work... and hopefully that will fix it.... does anybody else have any ideas on how to fix this?

HKCU is Hkey_Current_User
    HKLM is Hkey_Local_Machine

These are entries in the windows registry which can be accessed by going to start, run, and typing in regedit.exe. It is a little more tricky with your WM device because you need to install a registry editor to delete the required keys. I use Resco but there may be a free one out there.

Let me know if you need more help - you can also continue reading the above referenced thread - it may have more info in it.

Hope this helps!