+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-28-2007
    Posts
    428

    New Windows Live is out from MS (not search)

    I just downloaded from here and about to install. This is straight from Microsoft, not a rip from another device, so that should be good.

    Edit:
    v10.6.0042.1900

    No messenger in this one (which I don't use)

    UPDATE:
    Sweet! It appears to be working, including the "As items arrive," which never worked for me before with the previous rip versions. Am I the only one excited? This is pretty critical software for hotmail users (which perhaps are fewer these days).
    Last edited by JDCJ; 07-22-2008 at 12:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-22-2008
    Posts
    12
    Is this even legit? I looked at the WinMo site and didn't see mention of it anywhere! I don't want to login unless this is forreal.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-29-2007
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    137
    Dude, it's on Microsoft's site....

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-22-2008
    Posts
    12
    Dude, where's my car?

    It's a blind link. YOU browse to it from Microsoft's site and tell me it's legit then. I couldn't find it.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-12-2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmnore View Post
    Dude, where's my car?

    It's a blind link. YOU browse to it from Microsoft's site and tell me it's legit then. I couldn't find it.
    It goes directly to microsoft's website, how can it not be legit?

  6. #6
    Registered User darthtater1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by JDCJ View Post
    I just downloaded from here and about to install. This is straight from Microsoft, not a rip from another device, so that should be good.

    Edit:
    v10.6.0042.1900

    No messenger in this one (which I don't use)

    UPDATE:
    Sweet! It appears to be working, including the "As items arrive," which never worked for me before with the previous rip versions. Am I the only one excited? This is pretty critical software for hotmail users (which perhaps are fewer these days).

    Just read a short review on it this morning over at WMExperts, and definately looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the heads-up!

  7. #7
    Registered User luca_bras1's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-16-2007
    Posts
    675
    Can you link to the review. I guess I'm just ignorant as to what this does for you. Is it only useful if you use Hot/MS mail? I don't know anyone who uses the MS services so I am a bit confused as to how I could benefit from it. Thanks.

    *I have Live Search and I love it a bunch btw
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 07-23-2008 at 11:06 AM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-17-2008
    Posts
    92
    I enjoy having live search "search bar" right on my today screen, but anyone know a way to move it to either the top or bottom of the today screen?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-11-2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    24
    All I know is, since I installed this version and removed the last version I was using (10.6.33.0600 Fixed), the problem of the phone freezing up (will not wake up, remove batttery to reset) has not happened again.

    Yes you can move the live search bar. Go to today setttings, items, check/highlight live search bar and then move up/down.

  10. #10
    Registered User darthtater1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    Can you link to the review. I guess I'm just ignorant as to what this does for you. Is it only useful if you use Hot/MS mail? I don't know anyone who uses the MS services so I am a bit confused as to how I could benefit from it. Thanks.

    *I have Live Search and I love it a bunch btw

    The review is nogt as indepth as what it normally is, nut I hope this helps. It basically covers the basics only.

    Stay Connected : Just Released: Windows Live for Windows Mobile

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-28-2007
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    Can you link to the review. I guess I'm just ignorant as to what this does for you. Is it only useful if you use Hot/MS mail? I don't know anyone who uses the MS services so I am a bit confused as to how I could benefit from it. Thanks.

    *I have Live Search and I love it a bunch btw
    It basically gives push email and contacts for hotmail/msn/live accounts. It also gives the option of a search bar plugin, but I use google's for that. If you don't use hotmail/msn/live mail, it won't do much for you.

    It is unrelated to live search (except for the search bar plugin). Can be very confusing.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-23-2008
    Posts
    42
    I'm still using the one from XDA because I use messenger.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts