+ Reply to Thread

New Windows Live is out from MS (not search)

I just downloaded from here and about to install. This is straight from Microsoft, not a rip from another device, so that should be good.

Edit:
    v10.6.0042.1900

No messenger in this one (which I don't use)

UPDATE:
    Sweet! It appears to be working, including the "As items arrive," which never worked for me before with the previous rip versions. Am I the only one excited? This is pretty critical software for hotmail users (which perhaps are fewer these days).
    Last edited by JDCJ; 07-22-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Is this even legit? I looked at the WinMo site and didn't see mention of it anywhere! I don't want to login unless this is forreal.

Dude, it's on Microsoft's site....

Dude, where's my car?

It's a blind link. YOU browse to it from Microsoft's site and tell me it's legit then. I couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnore View Post
    Dude, where's my car?

It's a blind link. YOU browse to it from Microsoft's site and tell me it's legit then. I couldn't find it.
    It goes directly to microsoft's website, how can it not be legit?

Quote Originally Posted by JDCJ View Post
    I just downloaded from here and about to install. This is straight from Microsoft, not a rip from another device, so that should be good.

Edit:
    v10.6.0042.1900

No messenger in this one (which I don't use)

UPDATE:
    Sweet! It appears to be working, including the "As items arrive," which never worked for me before with the previous rip versions. Am I the only one excited? This is pretty critical software for hotmail users (which perhaps are fewer these days).

Just read a short review on it this morning over at WMExperts, and definately looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for the heads-up!

Can you link to the review. I guess I'm just ignorant as to what this does for you. Is it only useful if you use Hot/MS mail? I don't know anyone who uses the MS services so I am a bit confused as to how I could benefit from it. Thanks.

*I have Live Search and I love it a bunch btw
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 07-23-2008 at 11:06 AM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I enjoy having live search "search bar" right on my today screen, but anyone know a way to move it to either the top or bottom of the today screen?

All I know is, since I installed this version and removed the last version I was using (10.6.33.0600 Fixed), the problem of the phone freezing up (will not wake up, remove batttery to reset) has not happened again.

Yes you can move the live search bar. Go to today setttings, items, check/highlight live search bar and then move up/down.

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    Can you link to the review. I guess I'm just ignorant as to what this does for you. Is it only useful if you use Hot/MS mail? I don't know anyone who uses the MS services so I am a bit confused as to how I could benefit from it. Thanks.

The review is nogt as indepth as what it normally is, nut I hope this helps. It basically covers the basics only.

Stay Connected : Just Released: Windows Live for Windows Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post

It basically gives push email and contacts for hotmail/msn/live accounts. It also gives the option of a search bar plugin, but I use google's for that. If you don't use hotmail/msn/live mail, it won't do much for you.

It is unrelated to live search (except for the search bar plugin). Can be very confusing.

I'm still using the one from XDA because I use messenger.