+ Reply to Thread

Sync Problem, Getting a Refurb....

well, i spoke to verizon today... i've been having an active sync problem for over a month now.. i also have not been able to connect via wifi...

so she said she was gonna send me a refurb.... that kinda worries me.. but she said the phone will be flawless, and that she's had several phones replaced with refurbs and that they always run better than a new phone will....

well, my concern is my contacts.. i don't wanna have to take the phone to the store.. she said there may be a way to back up my contacts to my mem card.. (i did a search, couldn't find what i was looking for.. but i did try!!)

is this possible? besides the fact that i can't sync to my computer... i don't use outlook or anything.. and she said i'd need outlook for the contacts to be synced on the computer... so i'm looking for an easier way to save them.. (or a harder one if it's gonna be saved to my mem card.. and i'll be able to restore them to the new/refurbed phone)...

thanks as always guys...

Yes you can. There is a files in the root named pim.vol and it has all of your contacts, notes and appointments. Copy and paste it to your memory card then you have a back up. Or you can use a back-up program, there are a few to choose from. I did a "Search" and located this.

Pim.Vol
    Last edited by JASTECH; 07-22-2008 at 09:45 PM.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

amazing... thanks for the help, and for pointing me to the right thread!!!

** edit, posted in other thread instead
    Last edited by KVB1085; 07-23-2008 at 04:02 PM.