+ Reply to Thread

Start Menu SD Icons Not Showing

Hey guys,

When I do a soft reset my icons in the start menu that are for programs installed on the sd card don't show up. I have to go to settings>menus and remove any icon (on the sd card or not) then go back and add it and everything is fine. This is happening with both my phone and my girlfriends so I guess it should be a common problem. I've searched the fprum and can't find anything. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,
    Garen

same thing happening here since upgrading to 6.1. Oddly, it happens on the default start menu, but not on Quickmenu (replacement start menu).

what's the quick menu? is it a 3rd party software? this problem looks like it has something to do with it reading from the sd card on power on. There must be a reg hack to fix this. Anyone? mrailing? superdave?

Same problem here Garen.

Never had the problem with WM6.0, but now I've noticed that the icons for those SD programs (like TomTom) are just not showing up.

Not a critical issue, but damn does it annoy me.
    It's been quite a trip! Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm m515 - Kyocera 7135 - Samsung i730 - Samsung i760

I'm having a miliar issue when using Ultimate launch. Fortunately, UL has a reload function, so they come back within a few seconds.

Hi all,
    this is happen to me when use 4 gig card with old hack, I just bought 8 gig from Micro Center cost 49.00, everything working fine. I am very happy with 6.1 upgrade

Thai

I've noticed the same thing but not just for apps that are on the storage card. The new task manager icon keeps changing too. I'm using Pocket Pocket but I'm guessing that doesn't matter. I agree that its super annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by saigon View Post
    Hi all,
    this is happen to me when use 4 gig card with old hack, I just bought 8 gig from Micro Center cost 49.00, everything working fine. I am very happy with 6.1 upgrade

Thai
    so you're thinking that if we reformat the cards that we've been using with 6.0 that it should work properly? I'll give it a try...

Health Sciences Consulting perlmane's Avatar
    That did not work for me. I tried.
    Samsung Omnia- WM6.1 - VZW
    HTC TyTN II - WM6.1 - on the new at&t - and loving it!
    "Fact veracity is not based on the validity of the source, but on the last thing posted."

I think that we should try diference card, it work fine for me last 4 day.

Thai

Quote Originally Posted by perlmane View Post
    That did not work for me. I tried.
    didn't work for me either. It makes no sense whya new card would work either. oh well not a big deal to me, just hit reload ini and it comes back (in ultimate launch).

What is ultimate launch?

I'm having the same thing. I go to start - settings - menu and uncheck then recheck an item and hit ok - everything comes back - annoying, but I've had worse workarounds......

Any patches, fixes, workarounds??

Quote Originally Posted by garen45 View Post
    What is ultimate launch?
    It's a today plugin screen/app launcher. It lets you have multiple tabs for your today screen that you can put shortcuts or even other today plugins into.

Same issue here. Didn't have the problem with SDHC hack on 4G MicroSD on WM6, but I'm getting it with a same-speed SDHC 8G on WM6.1.