+ Reply to Thread

internet problems

I can connect via wifi to my router, but email, ie, and picsel can't get to the internet. It was working fine then wasn't - didn't do anything to it. Not running any 3rd party apps and just completed 6.1 upgrade 2 days ago. Did the search but didn't find anything. Router works fine, i can connect from my laptop with no problems. Any ideas? Thanks.

In the options/settings for your router's connection in the Connection Settings - make sure that the connection is set as connecting to "The Internet" and NOT "Work".
    This had me losing my mind for a week a while back. Hopefully this is your issue.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

No, sadly that was not it. I even toggled to work and tried it then back to internet and still no success. Thanks for the advice though. Any other ideas?

I'm having a similar issue. I've used VxUtils to see that I've got an IP address and I can sometimes get one ping to a local device, but everything fails from then on. Not sure what it is either... and I've tried the Work/Internet toggle.

I see an issue "caused" by WMWiFiRouter, which I have installed.

Anyone else have the old free version installed and experiencing this when trying to use WiFi on the i760 with 6.1?

Just confirmed that WMWiFiRouter absolutely works but using WiFi from the i760 to hit the 'net does not.

Interestingly, I get a first ping through (using VxUtils) and /maybe/ one more, then everything goes dead after that. I'm thinking it's a networking issue related to WMWiFiRouter... but IP settings do appear to be correct from DHCP'ing off my WLAN (address, mask, gateway, DNS all correct).