+ Reply to Thread

Volume button during lock and 6.1 Upgrade

Has anyone seen this, that the volume button works when you lock your phone, after the 6.1 upgrade. (I did a search and hadn't seen anything on this yet).

I don't load any extra desktop or button software, just the default Windows Mobile screen. And I use the built-in "Lock" to lock the phone when I put it in my holder. Well, I noticed that the Volume button on the side seems to be the only button that still works while the phone is locked. Any ideas? I would hate to put my phone in the case, only to find out later that I didn't hear it ring cause the volume got pressed and turned down.

Bumping to the top, as I really need help with this...

Intresting

I did not notice this, but it is true my volume rocker works even though the phone is locked. It does change the volume if the phone is on, however, my settings turn the phone off (sleep mode) after 1 min, so in that one min I would have to press the button three times to turn the phone off. This is a wierd bug and could use some looking into. Anyone else concerned with this?

It's actually humorous to read this.

Pre-6.1, I checked out S2U2 and thought it was somewhat pointless unless you want changing pictures when your phone is locked (screen saver style). Someone replied to me saying that S2U2 was great because it locked every button.

I got a new case because my old one couldn't support the weight of the phone, and as soon as I put it in, I could hear the volume buttons. So I got S2U2 reinstalled to lock the buttons and have been using it since to lock those buttons, and have a slide-show of my girlfriend when my phone is locked.

Heh, interesting.

I just realized this today. I don't know how many calls I have missed because the volume got turned off. I was just about to hard reset my phone when I started playing with it. A fix for this would be really nice.

One easy way to fix this is to use the lock feature in settings. Just change the setting to 0 min and plug in a simple code. Now whenever you turn off the phone it locks. You don't need to push the * key. The volume rocker does not work with this lock on.
    Last edited by DustinGreen; 08-11-2008 at 06:56 PM.

If you use AE Button Plus, change both the up and down rocker buttons to be handled by AE Button Plus and set them to change the volume up and down. This works great!