+ Reply to Thread

Phone bricked... not sure why

Hey guys,

Has this happened to anyone post 6.1? I've been running 6.1 for at least the last week and had no issues with it. However, I woke up this morning with my phone on and frozen. It apparently froze sometime in the middle of the nite while it was downloading an email.

After resetting, it would get stuck on the Verizon Wireless screen even after trying to do a hard reset. Anyways, I went to the Verizon store and they're sending me a replacement phone. I just don't understand how my phone could have bricked itself overnite. very upsetting that I won't have a phone for nearly two days.
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Treo 700w -> Samsung SCH-i760 -> Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)

probably hardware failure... just like any other computer stuff breaks. ****ty that it happened like that though.

some would just blame it on microsoft though. im glad there's no apple fanboys in here.

Well, the good thing is, I still have my i730. I forgot that I was using that as my road bike GPS. It should keep me connected while my replacement i760 is in the mail. I still can't believe it just died on me like that. My i730 has been dropped a bajillion times, many of those times on concrete, and it never had a complete hardware failure.
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Treo 700w -> Samsung SCH-i760 -> Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)