+ Reply to Thread

Question Help! 6.1 half installed

I went through the upgrade process. Had a hell of a time getting it "Connect" to device. Had to reset a few times but finally it went through. It then froze/locked half way through the upgrade. I rebooted and it states 6.1 when booting but the ROM for the phone don't match.

Whenever i try the upgrade again it says"upgrade already installed" and device goes to "does not support reinstall". However, the ROM version is still at 6.0 and not the new BD version?

Help?

Wolf, mine got about 3/4 of the way through the install and got an error message that said the install didn't work and to try again. When the phone booted up, the screen says windows mobile 6.1. In Start/System/Settings it says windows mobile 6.1.

I didn't have any trouble to get my device to connect.

Threaded SMS seems to work fine ands so does youtube videos playing.

It is weird that when windows boots it says 6.1.

There are a ton of hints in the main install problems thread.. Check the Version information and make sure it matches the newer versions.. should be BD14. Try a hard reset.. and also try using the installer that VZW posted. If you still can't get anywhere, try booting to emergency mode (turn phone off, hold CLR + Right soft key when you turn it back on). If THAT doesn't work, you may have a bricked phone and you'll have to call VZW to replace it.

Yea I tried most of those and no one is really checking the 9+ page thread.

I still can't get past it. I guess my only recourse is try Samsung support. The phone is very functional it just the phone rom doesn't show BD14.

You're probably going to have to replace it. If you have a local Verizon (corporate not reseller) store they usually just take a new one out of the box for you. If the upgrade wizard won't work any longer even after a hard reset or emergency mode, you're probably not going to get it working with new ROM. If someone else has ideas lay em out..

Ender519, you were right, my phone rom didn't update. I also had a heck of a time getting the computer to recognize the phone after putting the phone in USB mode as the ROM update instructions stated. I ended up going back to internal data call for data connection, then the ROM update software recogniized the phone and the update for the phone went through. Everything seems fine so far.

How can I tell if my laptop has vista 32 bits or 64 bits???