+ Reply to Thread

Disappearing texts?

Each time I change the battery or do a soft reset, all text messages received after 7/14/08 are lost.

I have over 4,000 old texts. I called Verizon (twice) and was advised that the only "solution" is to do a hard reset. Of course, that MIGHT cure the problem of losing future messages, but it would create a different problem of losing the 4,000 old texts.

Any suggestions, including any way to archive the old texts, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Frank

forward text to another phone then back after reset.

Hrm... this is a tough one.. TXT messages are stored in CEMAIL.VOL on the device, but it's not easy to overwrite this file with a backed up copy. I would recommend you use some sort of 3rd party backup utility. Also, 4,000 texts are going to take a lot of space on your phone, as well as cause the messaging program to run slower.. may want to give some thought as to how important it is to keep all of those on your mobile device.

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses.

Re: forwarding. Can that be done in a group, or would I have to do that one at a time?

Re: backup program. Can you suggest a program?

Re: slowing down the program. Even with all of these texts, I still get instant responsiveness.

Several backup utilities.. * Dopod SMS Backup- Free SMS Backup/Restore for Windows Mobile 5.0 PPC*by*Tech[dot]Blog Here is one.. you can google for "windows mobile backup SMS" and see a few others. That would be WAY better than trying to forward messages to another phone and back.

Again though, I would really think hard about keeping 4000+ txt messages on your phone.. I send a ton and when mine gets past 1000 messages it gets a lot slower..