+ Reply to Thread

Any apps for speeding up the processor?

I used to have this speed app from Dave back when I had the i700. Are there any apps available for making my i760 run faster?

Umm.. not any ones that I've had luck with.. there's XCPUscalar, but it's a pay program. I tried the trial version and never could get it to run very stable and when it did run the difference was pretty minimal. You also have to keep in mind higher overclock = more heat and less battery life. The phone isn't too bad, especially with the 6.1 upgrade. If you haven't upgraded, please consider it.

none that work on our processor... I've tried all that I cou.d find and the best result I had was a locked up phone

Pocket Hackmaster ran 440 mhz on 6.0 and is running flawlessly on 6.1. This faster clock speed feels much zippier then stock settings.

Anomoly noted: the small blue icon does not show clock speed chosen in 6.1. No big deal, you can always open the program and check from there.

Quote Originally Posted by ambrowill View Post
    Pocket Hackmaster ran 440 mhz on 6.0 and is running flawlessly on 6.1. This faster clock speed feels much zippier then stock settings.

Anomoly noted: the small blue icon does not show clock speed chosen in 6.1. No big deal, you can always open the program and check from there.
    How's the battery life when sped up?

Does anyone use HTCPerformance? I think there was a thread about it here. Any difference running with 6.1 than 6.0? Just a placebo or what?

Quote Originally Posted by ambrowill View Post
    Um, the factory setting is 400mhz as far as I have read. Can you really notice the 40mhz?

Richard

Comfortably Converged
    Here is a link to a benchmark test I ran on the 760 when it first came out comparing it stock vs using SD's Autostep
    Click here.

A quick search using "benchmark" will also help you out.

That's an excellent resource, but kinda highlights the answer. There was very little improvement from overclocking. The only thing I saw that had a decent amount of improvement was writing 1 MB file, and how often are you going to do that - and it's only a difference of about 1.5 seconds.. Overclocking will reduce battery life as well, so unless you want to do it just to "do it" I suspect that you're better off leaving well enough alone.

Did you upgrade to 6.1? Most people see an improvement after this.

I run multiple programs at once on my i760 for work and it gets pretty slow. I don't mind the battery drain. I use the extended battery and have mobile chargers, etc..

I'll look into all the replies and trying 6.1.

Some games run much smoother at 440-450... Gyroid is a prime example, and one of my favorite pocket shooters.
    Gyroid - Extreme Space Shooter (Pocketpc) - Download

Quote Originally Posted by vtr99 View Post
    Some games run much smoother at 440-450... Gyroid is a prime example, and one of my favorite pocket shooters.
    Gyroid - Extreme Space Shooter (Pocketpc) - Download
    So what are you using to run at 440-450?

Quote Originally Posted by kpduty View Post
    How's the battery life when sped up?
    Maybe 10% hit.

K.B
    RN
    I use pocket hack master. I like it a lot because you can set application specific processor speeds. I only use it for games since it does seem to speed them up a bit.