+ Reply to Thread

can I delete the cab file after installing

This is a very simple question, I did some quick searching but didn't find much. After transfering an application .cab file to my device and installing it can I delete the .cab file? I wasn't sure if the application still needs to file for anything.

Thanks for your help

You can delete it. Personally, I leave all the .cabs for my programs on my SD card in case I need to reinstall or I have to hard reset. I mainly do this so I know what programs I had installed.

jadkar, Welcome to the Forum!
    Like intellax said, I would save the cab file in case it is needed. I made folders on my SD card.
    Downloads
    Music
    Games
    Cab Files
    Full Backup
    Contacts Backup
    Videos
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Thanks guys!! After saving the files to the SD card was mentioned I was like ....duh, what a jackass I am!! That's obviously the best place for them.

You know I've had my i760 for about 8 months and I haven't done anything to it. Just two days ago I decided to upgraded to WM 6.1. After doing that I got hooked on people's today screens and I realized how bad my "stock" screen was. I'm now downloading all sorts of apps and I think I like Ultimate Launcher the best (as my GUI navigator).

Actually I saw this guy's setup (Kranzler_11) and I'm pretty much downloading what he has because his is exactly what I'm looking for. One exception was I loaded PocketWeather (he uses WeatherPanel). I liked PW until my weather icons started disappearing for no reason.

The one I'm not too certain about is RLToday. I'm just not sure how bad I need the date and time on one line at the top. He's using RLToday just to show that. Also, I need to mess around with skinning all the individual applications together so they look like one product.

I'll post some shots when I'm done.

Right now I'm realizing I can waste a crap load of time with this stuff