+ Reply to Thread

Verizon $29.99 Data Plan

I called my Verizon store this morning and they gave me the $29.99 price on the unlimited data plan for my i760. I verified both the price and the "unlimited" with the salesman in as nonchalant a fashion as I could. He called me back about 5 minutes after we hung up and I thought "Here comes the ummmm, I'm sorry, that price wasn't correct", but instead he was calling to tell me that instead of activating in 20 minutes as he had told me, it would become active when my new billing cycle began on 8/9/08. Keeping my fingers crossed that he was correct about this and will see if anyone else is getting this price.

I hope that is true too! Right now, the web site is still offering only the 44.95 plan and the 10 mb plan.

Wow, that would be bigger news than the 6.1 update in my opinion. If it's a mistake I don't want you to get it "fixed" so just let us know what your bill says.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I'll believe it when I see it............

did you extend your contract in doing so? Or was this just some sort of price adjustment? What language did you use or plan did you ask for specifically?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by macthknife View Post
    I called my Verizon store this morning and they gave me the $29.99 price on the unlimited data plan for my i760. I verified both the price and the "unlimited" with the salesman in as nonchalant a fashion as I could. He called me back about 5 minutes after we hung up and I thought "Here comes the ummmm, I'm sorry, that price wasn't correct", but instead he was calling to tell me that instead of activating in 20 minutes as he had told me, it would become active when my new billing cycle began on 8/9/08. Keeping my fingers crossed that he was correct about this and will see if anyone else is getting this price.

Macthknife, make sure the customer service rep indicated that in your Verizon account notes (29.99 unlimited data plan) or you may see a big bill next month

Called another Verizon store - they said the salesman was wrong and it's the same price everyone else is seeing online.

Called the original store and talked to the original salesman - he stuck to the price he quoted. Called 3 more stores. 1 salesman agreed with him, 2 others didn't. I believe the ones who said it was $45 - I bit the bullet and signed up anyway.

You go right ahead and tell them that you only bought the phone based on the data plan price you were quoted. You get yourself passed up a few levels and maybe you can keep the price.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Hey.. cool if you can make this happen and while your at it.. find out what the internal VZW sku or code is for the plan.. that way others can ask for it specifically!
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.