+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new i760 owner

new i760 owner

Just received my phone and got a question to ask.

Do I need to activate my phone before I do the window mobile 6.1 update??

I want to use my old phone until the i760 gets update.

thanks

I don't see why you would have to activate before applying the update (perhaps others here have more information). You could always ask a VZW person if you can get one on the phone.

The update is out and it only takes like 15 minutes.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I called and talk to 2 different reps but got diffrent answer from different reps.

Does anybody know if the cd software that come with the phone has the updated active sync version??

Do I need to update the active sync software from microsoft before I do the windows mobile 6.1 update??

Thanks

If you are using XP then you can just d-load ActiveSync 4.5 from Microsoft's site. Vista uses Windows Mobile Device center.

Be sure to check out the FAQ above and here - FAQ - Samsung SCH-i760 - Pre-Release Version

I'd say prepare yourself for the upgrade (read the 6.1 stickies above) activate your i760 and then do the upgrade (which doesn't take long assuming it works for you). Worst case scenario you can change your service back to your old phone if something goes wrong.

However, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to activate after the upgrade.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I got my refurb i760 from Verizon yesterday and the first thing I did was update it to 6.1. There wasn't a need to activate or program the phone prior. Everything works great as far as I can tell.
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Treo 700w -> Samsung SCH-i760 -> Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)