+ Reply to Thread

WM 6.1 Nagging Annoyances

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has had the following annoyances since upgrading to WM6.1

First, when I answer a call, I have a 1-2 second delay to when the person calling me can hear me. It's a bit of an answer lag. I know I did not have this with WM6.

Second, when I call someone, sometimes I will hit SEND, and put the phone to my ear, and I'll hear a very faint, 3 beeps, which sounds almost like a very low car horn beeping 3 times. After that the call ends immediately.

Any suggestions other than a hard reset. I really don't want to do that again and have to install everything again .

I don't like to bump, but anyone?

This is definately unique to your phone. Others, including myself, have not reported these problems with 6.1.

Unfortunately a hard reset may be your only answer. I know it is a pain to reinstall but once you have you will be much more impressed.

You can also use a backup program. I recommend SPB Backup that will restore everything within minutes.

Richard

I notice the 2sec delay on WM6 since I got my phone. It sucks and hard resetting didn't solve a damn thing.

WM6 or WM6.1?

Quote Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
    I notice the 2sec delay on WM6 since I got my phone. It sucks and hard resetting didn't solve a damn thing.
    Out of the box the i760 currently only ships with WM 6.0. This was a common problem with 6.0. Many have reported that the 6.1 upgrade has fixed the issue.

So it is odd that EtherBoo is having this problem after upgrading. Since this type of problem can only be fixed by re-loading the rom, a hard reset will most likely be the only solution. If that does not work then it is hardware related or the 6.1 upgrade failed at some point and needs to be re-done.

Richard

I'd say it's possible that you updated the OS without updating the phone.

I have heard of that happening but I am lost as to how it happens with the update tool. I assume it fails half way through? How does one (phone or device) get updated successfully without the other and not notify the user that the upgrade failed?

Richard

This is a bit late, but did you try *228, Option 1? I had some problems with my phone after upgrading, but after doing this it seems to be ok now.

BTW, I have heard the three horn beeps before, but is usually happens when the call can not be completed due to failure to talk to the network. This can be caused by an overloaded cell or other network related problems. It could also be related to the phone programming so we are back to *228.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by soulblaze View Post
    I'd say it's possible that you updated the OS without updating the phone.
    That was my thought too when I read the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by ramiss View Post
    I have heard of that happening but I am lost as to how it happens with the update tool. I assume it fails half way through? How does one (phone or device) get updated successfully without the other and not notify the user that the upgrade failed?

Richard
    For me, I had to run the updater twice. After the first time, I received an message telling me to run the updater again. When the i760 rebooted, though, it showed it was running WM 6.1. I then ran the update again, though, to update the phone.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)