+ Reply to Thread

2 versions of windows office mobile after upgrade

Well, Upgrade went great but now I am showing 2 versions of office mobile in my programs. When I browse to delete one of them I only see one version anybody have any idea of where to look or how to delete one of them. It does not show up when I go to the remove programs either...

Thanks
    Last edited by heartpumper77; 07-31-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: typo

I noticed the same thing, but I gave up on trying to fix it. It would be nice if somebody could figure it out...

I have the same thing..........

I have two entries under SPB Mobile Shell "Programs" screen... one marked "Office", and the other (newer) "Office Mobile".

No duplicates in the WM6.1 "Programs" screen, though... but I have an "Office" tab on my start menu.

Hmmm... also noticed you can't remove the older(?) "Office" tab from the start menu (attempts prompt an error message stationg it cannot be removed from the list of start menu programs)... and there's a second listing for "Office Mobile" in the start menu program options. Weird.

***OK, an update... I was able to get this taken care of this way***

I was able to remove the persistant Windows/Start Menu/Office file direcly through File Explorer on the device (The second file should be visible under Windows/Programs/Office Mobile via Explorer). Once done, I showed only one "Office Mobile" file in WM "Programs" and in the availible Start Menu programs... but still one "Office" and another "Office Mobile" file under Mobile Shell's Program page.

On the Settings/Menus page (Which now shows only the single "Office Mobile" folder availibe, I selected to display "Office Mobile" folder on the Start Menu. Now, no "Office" OR "Office Mobile" folder on the WM Programs page whatsoever... and only one "Office" folder in the programs displayed by Mobile Shell.

All Office Mobile programs work fine and documents open no matter how I navigate Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Excel etc. (via start menu, Mobile Shell's "Office" links, or directly through opening a document).

If you're a Mobile Shell user like me, I don't think it's a big deal not having any "Office" or "Office Mobile" folders in WM6 Programs screen, since youe navigaing through Mobile Shell's pages 99% of the time, anyway (and again, there's an "Office" link there, soooooo...)

If you don't use Mobile Shell, I suggose you can choose NOT to have "Office Mobile" folder in the start menu and it'll still be availible in "Programs".

I'm not sure I understand 100% what's going on here... but maybe this helps point someone int he right direction.
    Last edited by msh441; 07-31-2008 at 09:10 PM.

Did you guys upgrade your mobile office version a long while back and install it to the storage card? If you still have those files on your card, maybe wm 6.1 sees it as an additional install.

Not I.

All Office Programs on the phone's memory as from new.

Me either, I havent messed with that aspect.

For those of you who are showing 2 versions of Office, did you by chance restore from a back-up after doing the WM 6.1 upgrade?
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

^^Nope, just restored my 3rd party cab files which were on my storage card

Quote Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
    ***OK, an update... I was able to get this taken care of this way***

I was able to remove the persistant Windows/Start Menu/Office file direcly through File Explorer on the device (The second file should be visible under Windows/Programs/Office Mobile via Explorer). Once done, I showed only one "Office Mobile" file in WM "Programs" and in the availible Start Menu programs... but still one "Office" and another "Office Mobile" file under Mobile Shell's Program page.
    I must be missing somthing in the steps that I am taking to get to the programs. File Explorer/ Windows/ programs/... When I go in this way, I just show a blank page when I get to programs. Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tate

Quote Originally Posted by darthtater1968 View Post
    I must be missing somthing in the steps that I am taking to get to the programs. File Explorer/ Windows/ programs/... When I go in this way, I just show a blank page when I get to programs. Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tate
    Nope... my bad:

My Device/Windows/Start Menu/Programs